Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 08:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

640 ( Q44 , V34 ) with incident - should I retake?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

640 ( Q44 , V34 ) with incident - should I retake? [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2006, 01:24
Ok, after scoring a 620 the first time, bombing the GMAT with a 570 ( completely lost control ) during second attempt and now this ....640 after preparing descently for verbal.

But to the story: I arrived at the center at 12.45 - appointment was scheduled for 13.30 . At this time, the proctor simply went out for lunch. 13.45 he then arrived and I could start the exam at 14.00 . AWA was no problem, took the break and started quant. Was nervous and couldn t really perform well , but managed not to bomb it completely. After quant, took the break, had a snack and ......and .....where is the proctor? 7 min past, no proctor ....8 min past, no proctor....9 min past, no proctor, 10 min past , no proctor. I looked for him everywhere and he simply was not there. Another guy then started looking for the proctor who then came running to unlock the station . I sat down and saw the clock marking 73 min . 2 min less is already bad, but the worst is that I couldn t really concentrate for the first questions. I am sure I bombed the first RC.
Finished the test and just could be %&/%$§ with the result. I immediately told him that this was unaccetable and that I would like to retake. Waiting now for PVUE to call me and see what we can do. Any similar stories around?

I am really demotivated and do not know if I should retake or ...just leave it. Already made it into HEC in Paris and this score is actually for a scholarship .

Anyway, yesterday was not my day ! My problem has always been anxiety . Starting with Quant, it took me about 10 min for the first 3 questions - questions that were not that difficult, medium level stuff. The same level of questons I solve in less than 5 at home.

I would appreciate any comments. Thanks...
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2006, 10:52
Where did you take the test, I don't want to go to this centre!!!

I would retake, just to see if you can get a better score, all you lose is the money, schools look at your highest score anyway

I'm going for my fourth attempt in 4 weeks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2006, 11:19
First of all 640 is good score and congratulations on this score. However, I think you should protest strongly to GMAT guys and ask for another chance. After all its not your mistake...and anxiety can lower score quite a lot.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2006, 16:45
The proctor went to gamble? :wink: just kidding.

Such behavior is very unprofessional, you should seriously consider complaining to GMAC.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2006, 16:56
hi, if you read my thread in share your gmat experience you'll see i had a slightly similar experience. You can demand to reseat for free, pearson vue shouldn't really argue, it wasn't your fault at all. Consider the test with the accident as the most realistic practice you could get. I was really p*ssed off when that happened, but now I'm a kind of glad that it happened since I probably got a better score! Good luck :)
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 00:21
thanks for all the replies. Yes, I complained at PVUE and they are now "working on my case" . Thing is, I don t whant to wait for another month and then retake in January / February . It s so disappointing . I will call them and see if I can reschedule for next week!

After all, this incident just raised my rage to finish well the GMAT ( and of course, to kill the proctor :-D )

Keep you posted .....
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2007, 04:20
just to let you know that PVUE gave me the chance to retake the exam , which I will probably schedule for the end of this month! GMAT stress starts again!!!
SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2007, 04:50
tobiastt wrote:
just to let you know that PVUE gave me the chance to retake the exam , which I will probably schedule for the end of this month! GMAT stress starts again!!!

Good Luck ! :)...

Now that u have the experience of the real conditions (even worse than normal ones), u should be fine :)... I'm sure u feel it differently :)
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 39

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2007, 10:58
tobiastt wrote:

That's good. I hope there are no unexpected problems this time. Good luck.
  [#permalink] 05 Jan 2007, 10:58