Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 11:03

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

640 (q48, v30) Overwhelmed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

640 (q48, v30) Overwhelmed [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2006, 16:42
I wish I would have found this site a few weeks ago before I signed up and took the GMAT. I bought the Kaplan book and probably spent 20 hours total on it before taking the test. I want to get over a 700 (probably like everyone else) and I mistakingly rushed through the verbal section. I couldn't believe how quickly I went on it.

Based on studying for the CFA and CFP I think I learn a lot better in a class. I am just worried that going for the math portion will be a waste of my time and I should focus mostly on verbal.

I'm going to start doing the challenges but what else should I do. Any insight would be helpful.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2006, 07:32
IMO 20 hours is not enough to tackle Verbal. With that said, your Math score is very competitive, so congrats on that. What were your GMATprep scores? Did you score higher on Verbal practices? You need to understand where your painpoints are, whether it is RC, CR or the dreaded SC. Give us more info on your prep.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2006, 08:05
I had the Kaplan GMAT book and CD. I took every test on the CD except the comprehensive ones (which was probably a mistake). I then read through the book and did a few of the problems. I now realize I should set up an error worksheet where I should write down the problem I miss, where it was and the type of problem it was. Im planning on taking it in mid december and plan on spending a lot more time. Im still a little unclear on what else I can and should do.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Olin Business School - Washington University
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2006, 08:27
My advice - get the OG and go through it. Download GMATPrep software and go through it. This is what you should do at the very least.
  [#permalink] 06 Oct 2006, 08:27