Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 16:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

640 the last time ... now what?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

640 the last time ... now what? [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2005, 21:43
Hi,

Though I have been a passive member of this forum, I really feel the content of this forum is more helpful than any other guides esp. for Verbal section.

Well, I had attempted my first GMAT about a month ago and scored a 640 (was expecting a 700+ though :( ) and have decided to give it another shot this month.
Breakup of 1st attempt: Q50 V27

My verbal score was a big shock for me considering the fact that I never scored less than 30 in any of practice tests.I don't say it was a surprise for me because I failed to manage the time in Verbal.I hardly had 10 minutes for my last 10 Qs in verbal which included an RC.I panicked and you can see the results. :P
My scores in prac tests for my first attempt:
PP1 - 670
PP2 - 720
PR1 - 720
PR2 - 680
PR4 - 630

This time I hardly have any time to give full length tests but still managed to give 2 tests so far and my results have been...
PR3 - 700
Kaplan 2 - 710

With hardly more thana week to go for my next shot, I am little concerned about the practice test scores.How realistic are Kaplan scores.?I always heard them to have no correlation with the actual GMAT.
And should I attempt PowerPrep tests again as most of the Qs would be familiar to me.?
All I am doing this time focus on Verbal(RC is my weakest part)!!

-alex

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2005, 03:01
frankly - your practice test scores seem pretty good.
if you got a 710 in one of the Kap CATs - it is really fabulous.
I gave only 2 Kap CATs - one a 590 and another a 610 - and just today landed a 720 on the real test.

Just keep faith, revise your basics, and keep your cool on the test day. You will do just fine.

All the best.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2005, 03:07
if you know all of powerprep - you should try giving the tests in the new GMATprep software released by ETS. Those tests have some questions outside the OG - and should help. Although the screen looks different, the questions are pretty close to the actual stuff, and the math section is a tougher than the what's there in powerprep(which is good).
  [#permalink] 08 Aug 2005, 03:07