Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 20:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

650 - don't know what to do :-(

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

650 - don't know what to do :-( [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2004, 21:39
Thought something like 700+ .... whatever the extra be, but this score has really made me depressed. The Analysis of an argument was not one ,I would rate excellent but time chased me to commit whatever I had typed in. The analysys of an issue was better written - at least I would say - not ETS, who rated 4.5.

Quantitative
50 (Percentile - 95)
This was going well till the 30 th question, I was good , some last questions caught me un aware as I was watching the time mostly. However worth mentioning that I got the third question a probability one be it a DS.

Verbal
27 (Percentile - 46)
Got me out - I knew that this was my weak point .... but I was at a loss to cope with the pace and difficulty. I was getting frustrated and anxious. I was relying on my gut feel more than ever. Lost my confidence midway. To tell you frankly, I knew I was not that bad, took some time to recompile myself and tried to concentrate, not to a very great success.

Takeaway,
650 (Percentile - 85)
Should have practised full length tests (It could be very tiring at the end)
To ask for earplugs (helps a lot , I asked)
Practise practise practise....

But right now I do not know what to do ... Is this ok a score to start the next chapter with (application) ? I know I have very less time in a day I can make out for study , to me it is a struggle (working in a production support of an IT company 24/7 job ).

I know I am not a very active member of the group, but I do followed some of your pointers which had really helped me ...wanted to share my experience and request advice.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2004, 12:47
deep,
don't be disheartened. 650 is a respectable score.
It seems that the your quan score (which is very impressive) saved your scaled score. I would concentrate on verbal, try and pin point your weak areas and attack it with a vengeance. You CAN do this. Alot of us struggle on the quan...you seem to have it down. Now focus on verbal. Practice quan from time to time so you don't lose practice, but make the verbal your priority. You are two-thirds of the way there to scoring in the 700s...Now, FINISH the job you started!

good luck

Pls include reasoning along with all answer posts.
****GMAT Loco****
Este examen me conduce jodiendo loco

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2004, 11:14
I would retake unless you're applying in the final rounds for 2004, which it's probably too late for anyway.

You didn't do full-length practice tests? Those are absolutely key to building your stamina. As you found out, the GMAT is tiring and if you do get thrown by some tough questions, it can wipe you out mentally and physically.

I would plan on practicing verbal in particular, and taking full-length tests with as few distractions as possible.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2004, 19:34
Thanks sunniboy007 and Lucyloo for your support ... Right now I think I would go for it again ... Only do not know when ...am aiming for 2005 fall ... :?:
  [#permalink] 21 Apr 2004, 19:34