Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 19:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

650 on GMAC 2 and one week to go

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 31

650 on GMAC 2 and one week to go [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2009, 20:01
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone could help me develop a one week strategy to get the most out of my score. I took the GMAC exam number one about a week ago but did not count the score because I had seen many of the questions before. After that I continued to re-drill each quant and verbal section. Today I took the GMAC exam number two with the essays and scored a 650 43 Quant 36 Verbal. At this point I want to maximize my score but am having difficulty identifying the most practical way to do that in the next week without burning out. I noticed that on verbal I got six out of seventeen wrong-on critical reasoning i got 5 out of eleven wrong and on reading comprehension I got none wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to spend my time studying for the next week. I would like to break 700 if that's possible and realize the only way to do that is to have a sound strategy. Any suggestions? Thank you.

-Dan
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Haas School of Business
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 100 [1] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: 650 on GMAC 2 and one week to go [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2009, 12:20
This post received
KUDOS
Dan,

I don't think I have a good strategy but I can make a few recommendations based on what I did.

For verbal: If you have not read the Manhattan Sentence Correction guide I would suggest reading it once. That should help you. Other thing you can do to improve you verbal score is to get familiar with the idioms. Here are links to two online flashcards that I use

http://www.flashcardexchange.com/flashcards/view/484877
http://www.flashcardexchange.com/flashcards/view/800771

You can also use the beatthegmat flashcards as well as Manhattan GMAT flashcards which are available for free at the respective websites.

For CR I have a few notes let me see if I can find them. I'll pm you if I do.

On the Quant front..spend time reviewing the basics and make sure if you have those nailed down and then solve problems where you think you might still have weaknesses.

Good Luck.
Re: 650 on GMAC 2 and one week to go   [#permalink] 10 Jun 2009, 12:20