Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 22:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

650 to 720+ with Magoosh & OG guides? Manhattan Guides?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
650 to 720+ with Magoosh & OG guides? Manhattan Guides? [#permalink] New post 27 May 2013, 01:27
This post received
KUDOS
Hello!

I took GMAT 10 days ago and scored 650. Unfortunately, I had to cram studying in a month as I am switching between jobs and had no clue how much the new job will allow me to focus on GMAT. Looks like I can put aside 1-2 hours a day and Sundays. So I plan to take GMAT again by 1st week August to push my score over 700.

My scores were:
Q 44 (63 Percentile)
V 36 (79 Percentile)
T 650 (78 Percentile)

I had scored 610 and 640 on the 2 GMATprep tests about a week prior to taking my GMAT. The material I used for the 1 month study was:
1. Magoosh - found their videos incredibly useful. Magoosh was my only prep material
2. Princeton Cracking GMAT - got the book, scanned through it but it was kept aside once I picked the Magoosh Subscription
3. OG 13 - have solved the whole book once and done a review of wrongly answered once.
4. GMAT Club iPad app - very useful, especially for tracking OG progress and additional questions

5. GMAT Verbal Review 2nd ed & Quant Review 2nd ed - have the books but didn't get a chance to even open them in the month of preps!

I did find gaps in my Quant ability, especially number properties, exponents & statistics (which makes up a bloody lot of Quant!) Had figured this out before the exam but wanted to give the test once before the new job starts!

I do need a strong push on Quant and bits of verbal - mainly CR and RC - I am doing pretty well on SC (about 90% correct on OG 13)

Now, to go from 650 to 720 (+), is the material that I have enough? I have used up GMATPrep's 2 tests, full OG13 and about 50% of Magoosh questions. Should I invest in Manhattan GMAT kit as I keep reading that they are incredible and must have etc. Also, given that I now travel to work, which is a ton of time on road in Mumbai, I think I can do with some books to keep me company during the travel!

Do let me know your views... thanks & cheers!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-10-2014
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 32

CAT Tests
Re: 650 to 720+ with Magoosh & OG guides? Manhattan Guides? [#permalink] New post 27 May 2013, 13:52
This post received
KUDOS
Great score with only a month of studying!

Manhattan guides are great. However, if you feel comfortable with the basic concepts, then you might want to consider investing only in advanced Manhattan GMAT guides. Manhattan GMAT advertise, and I believe it worked for many people, to reach 700+ with the advanced guides.

If you learn to do things that you need to do - then someday - you can do things that you want to do.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Accounting (Entertainment and Sports)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: 650 to 720+ with Magoosh & OG guides? Manhattan Guides? [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 13:41
This post received
KUDOS
I had a 630 on my first try with just OG and Princeton. I bought the Manhattan GMAT set and the additional questions on GMAT prep. Got a 710 30 days later. Also skimmed the CR Bible 2 days before the exam.
Re: 650 to 720+ with Magoosh & OG guides? Manhattan Guides?   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2013, 13:41