I took GMAT 10 days ago and scored 650. Unfortunately, I had to cram studying in a month as I am switching between jobs and had no clue how much the new job will allow me to focus on GMAT. Looks like I can put aside 1-2 hours a day and Sundays. So I plan to take GMAT again by 1st week August to push my score over 700.
My scores were:
Q 44 (63 Percentile)
V 36 (79 Percentile)
T 650 (78 Percentile)
I had scored 610 and 640 on the 2 GMATprep tests
about a week prior to taking my GMAT. The material I used for the 1 month study was:
- found their videos incredibly useful. Magoosh
was my only prep material
2. Princeton Cracking GMAT
- got the book, scanned through it but it was kept aside once I picked the Magoosh
3. OG 13
- have solved the whole book once and done a review of wrongly answered once.
4. GMAT Club iPad app - very useful, especially for tracking OG progress and additional questions
5. GMAT Verbal Review 2nd ed & Quant Review 2nd ed - have the books but didn't get a chance to even open them in the month of preps!
I did find gaps in my Quant ability, especially number properties, exponents & statistics (which makes up a bloody lot of Quant!) Had figured this out before the exam but wanted to give the test once before the new job starts!
I do need a strong push on Quant and bits of verbal - mainly CR and RC - I am doing pretty well on SC (about 90% correct on OG 13
Now, to go from 650 to 720 (+), is the material that I have enough? I have used up GMATPrep's 2 tests, full OG13 and about 50% of Magoosh
questions. Should I invest in Manhattan GMAT
kit as I keep reading that they are incredible and must have etc. Also, given that I now travel to work, which is a ton of time on road in Mumbai, I think I can do with some books to keep me company during the travel!
Do let me know your views... thanks & cheers!