Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 07:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

660 (39 Q 42 V) First Attempt

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

660 (39 Q 42 V) First Attempt [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2007, 15:53
I finally wrote the GMAT. While I scored lower than expected, I am still satisfied with my score as it is competitive for the schools I want to attend.

My score was significantly lower than both of my GMATPrep scores (700 & 720). Especially surprising is that I scored 50 Q on my second GMATPrep, but only 39 Q on my real test. I found the questions today quite a bit more difficult. I have hearing from a lot of people lately that their real GMAT scores were a lot lower than their GMATPrep scores. However, I have also heard from others that their GMATPrep scores were very similar: http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=45351&highlight=

I wonder if the more recent GMAT tests have been made more difficult than they were before...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2007, 19:14
csgreen,

congratulations. your score is good and most of all you seem to be satisfied with it. thats wonderful.
pleae post your debreif on your preparation, the materials used and the different CATS you took.
Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

Re: 660 (39 Q 42 V) First Attempt [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2007, 20:31
csgreen wrote:
I finally wrote the GMAT. While I scored lower than expected, I am still satisfied with my score as it is competitive for the schools I want to attend.

My score was significantly lower than both of my GMATPrep scores (700 & 720). Especially surprising is that I scored 50 Q on my second GMATPrep, but only 39 Q on my real test. I found the questions today quite a bit more difficult. I have hearing from a lot of people lately that their real GMAT scores were a lot lower than their GMATPrep scores. However, I have also heard from others that their GMATPrep scores were very similar: http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=45351&highlight=

I wonder if the more recent GMAT tests have been made more difficult than they were before...

congrats.

7xx candidate for next shot.

goodluck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2007, 02:57
Well done!!! Congrats!

With this score u 're in the safe zone.

Good luck!
We are eager to read ur debrief.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2007, 09:12
the same thing happened to me on Monday...I'm trying my best to find an excuse for why my score a 540 was 100 points lower than what i figured it would be, which i based on the 8 cat's (manhattan, powerprep and my first official gmat score (i got a 600).

Maybe your score and my score were so dramatically different from our expectations was that they threw in a new algorithm or a whole new test that started this monday? Idk really but this seems to odd to me... maybe its just a coincidence...

When you point to a post where others gmatprep was the same as there official score this was a long time ago - maybe they've change something?
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2007, 09:23
I took my GMAT June 4 and was +/- 10 from my lowest/highest GMATPrep scores. Were you nervous?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2007, 10:19
Hi guys,

How hard is it to score over 40 in verbal? I mean how many questions can you miss and still get to that level? Im assuming that since 40 in verbal is in the 90th percentile, than it must be extremely difficult to get that score.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2007, 11:47
venguyen wrote:
I took my GMAT June 4 and was +/- 10 from my lowest/highest GMATPrep scores. Were you nervous?

Not at all, I was feeling quite good and thought things were going well. It's possible that I messed up on some of the early questions, which I think has more affect on your score than later ones.

How often does the GMAC update the GMATPrep program? Perhaps the version that I downloaded was not calibrated properly.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2007, 11:49
fawreel902 wrote:
Hi guys,

How hard is it to score over 40 in verbal? I mean how many questions can you miss and still get to that level? Im assuming that since 40 in verbal is in the 90th percentile, than it must be extremely difficult to get that score.

Verbal is my stronger section, so I did not find it extremely difficult. I just practiced a lot, and used a process of elimination to find the best answer for each question. In terms of how many questions you can miss, I don't think there is an exact number. It seems to depend on the difficulty of the question itself.
  [#permalink] 10 Jul 2007, 11:49