Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 22:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

660 46Q 35V very happy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

660 46Q 35V very happy [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2006, 13:38
I just took my gmat and am very pleased with my score of 660, I have this website to thank for that score. I have been visiting this site on a daily basis for the past 3 months, but this is my first actual post. last December I received a score of only 530. For my first sitting I only studied with PR - no OG, no kaplan, nothing else. For this test I took a kaplan class and did every problem in the OG11 with a hit rate of 80-85% for PS, DS, RC, and CR, and a 65% hit rate on SC. I also took 6 practice tests with Kaplan and 1 PP, and 1 gmatprep near the end of my preperation. I thoroughly reviewed my mistakes - which was very key. I also used mgmat SC guide, which was great. On a daily basis I did problems on this site.
My practice test scores:

Kap1Diag - 560
Kap2 - 550
Kap3 - 630
Kap4 - 570
Kap5 - 590
Kap6 - 640

PP1 - 650 (after completing OG11)
GMATprep1 - 600 (after completing OG11)

The final days before the test have been an emotional rollercoaster for me, my grandmother had passed away and I flew home for the funeral, I got back on Tuesday night and I decided to not study the last 2 days. I decided last night to clear my mind and get a good night sleep- not easily done- as anyone on this site who has taken this beast of a test can attest to . Now I can rest and begin the next phase of preparing my apps - I have a little time since I plan on beginning b-school in fall of 2007. Schools I am considering include Notre Dame, Wisocnsin, Indiana, I am in the process of researching what school is best for me. I will also apply to Northwestern and U of Chicago. While I am very pleased with this score, I believe I can improve. I may take it again to attempt to break the 700 barrier. 8-)

Best advice I can give: Concentrate on the OG and Gmatprep test near the end of your preparation - it should get you in the right mindset. Be well rested and keep your mind clear the night before test. During the test, don't thing about the difficulty of the problems, just do them.

My profile:
3 years experience in Insurance industry - underwriter.
Undergrad at University of Ill-Chicago, double major in Finance and IDS

And again, Thanks to all of the particpants and creators of this website. I couldn't have done it without you.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Congrats !!!! [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2006, 15:06
Congratulations on that very good score. Good job well done. 660 is a good score (atleast for me -:)).

I am writing my test next Tuesday - 4 days to go. Getting some bad scores in the practice tests (Manhattan online tests) - around 550.

Surprisingly I got 690 in GMATPrep1 (after finishing the OG) a couple of days ago (some questions in verbal were familiar)

Can you advice on what we need to do exactly in the last few days before the exam ?
How to clear our mind and stay focussed at the same time ?
Anything else??
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2006, 17:36
that's a great score on the gmatprep! I only got a 600 on it and still scored a 660. I am not sure how the manhattan prep tests are in comparison to the real thing, but the gmatprep is close as you can get. Probably the best thing to do now is review all you errors and brush up on any weak points. The most important thing is to stay confident. During the test relax as much as you can and don't be discouraged if you hit some tough problems. Utilize the breaks between sections, reset yourself mentally. Make sure you answer all questions. And most of all get a good nights rest before the exam. This is just my 2 cents, everybody has there own way of preparing, but this worked for me.

Good Luck!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2006, 17:46
MoonShine:
Share with us the question mix. In the quant section, how many prob, combinations/permutations, rate, number properties, data sufficieny, etc questions did you get. Anything surprise you in this section.

On the verbal, how many sc, cr, and rc did you get. Any long science passages? What was your interpretation of sc. Many people keep saying that there are seeing more sc and that it is more difficult than before or practice tests. Any thoughts.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm taking the GMAT next week so I'm trying to get as manyhints as possible.

BTW, great score.
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Thanks !!! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2006, 06:08
Thanks MoonShine for those supporting words and good advice.

But as I told in the post before, I got that 690 in GMATPrep maybe bcoz some questions in math and verbal seemed familiar.
I will try to stay confident just as you suggested and relax before the exam.

Good luck with your application process.
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2006, 06:41
Hey,
Congratulations! :-D
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2006, 23:34
Congratulations MoonShine!!!

Good luck with your apps.

Btw, what is the diff between PP1 and GMATPrep1?
Where can find GMATPrep1?
Is PP1 the same thing with Powerprep Software from ETS?

Thank you.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2006, 01:57
Way to go Moonshone : woohoooo :)
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2006, 23:55
Hi M8,

PP1 is Power Prep. PP has 2 practice tests, so people call it either PP1 or PP2.

Power Prep is not available now. It was available at mba.com or through mail from ETS if you registered for the GMAT. However, since Pearson administers the GMAT now, Power Prep is not available anymore. However, if you know someone who took the GMAT last year, chances are he or she has a copy of the Power Prep software.

GMAT Prep replaced Power Prep and it is also available at mba.com or through mail once you register for the GMAT. GMAT Prep also has 2 practice exams and it is very close to the real thing based on my experience.

I hope this helps.

By the way, congratulations MoonShine!
  [#permalink] 20 Mar 2006, 23:55