Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 11:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

660, now what ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

660, now what ? [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 00:51
The test experience was mixed bag, really.
Q48 V 34 split...

Test history:
Each test spaced a week apart; Taking two tests each week, in the last two weeks

GMAT Prep initial score: 620(a month ago),

MGMAT
Nov week 1 620,
Nov week 2 640,
Nov week 3 580,
Nov week 4 680

GMAT Prep :700(Nov 29th ),700 (Dec 2nd) , 720 (Dec 4th)...

Unsure of what my next steps ought to be,
Whether a 660 is decent to apply (compensated with the rest of my profile)
or whether a retake is in order?

Profile: 4yrs work ex. (Indian, IT, male) ,Excellent Extracurricuars

Target schools Rotman/Ohio State /Ivey/HEC Paris/ Babson College
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: 660, now what ? [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 01:59
Your engineering background provide explanation for your quantitative score. Look at the middle 80% scores that schools have accepted. Your score should allow you a fighting chance into all the listed schools. At a recent forum in Pune, an admissions officer from one of the schools old someone that she should re-take the GMAt if she thinks she can achieve a higher score. Extra-curricular activities matter if you can showcase how they have served to make you a better person/leader.

Think twice before you apply to Rotman. Canada's not too hot at the moment and the forecasts look dim.
Intern
Intern

Re: 660, now what ? [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 08:15
Thank you!! :)
A little less disillusioned,now.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: 660, now what ? [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 08:20
Anytime. Sorry for the typos. I wish you the best of luck in all your future ventures.
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1299

Kudos [?]: 3675 [0], given: 185

Re: 660, now what ? [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 15:50
Expert's post
Your GMAT score is in range for schools that you are planning to apply for. A higher score is always desirable and will help your chances of getting a scholarship but given that the second round deadlines are closing in, you should focus on the applications. Appear for the GMAT again only if you plan to apply in R3.

Now coming to your profile:

Your profile is not your background, but the experiences that you have had so far. There are lot of people from Indian IT background who apply for MBA is US. I have personally worked with 100+ IT applicants and I can say that I have not come across any two applicants who have had the same set of experiences. Hence, differentiate your application based on the experiences so far. Have you been involved in product development: if so then how have the the products that you have developed fared in the market place. Have you initiated or implemented processes in your company that saved $$. When I worked in the corporate world, I had 20+ people who worked directly or indirectly for me and I can tell you that there were 7 different profiles in those 20 even though they worked on building similar products. With your excellent extra curriculars you probably have a leg up on most of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeT9_Wr0DlI&feature=youtu.be

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: 660, now what ? [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2011, 08:16
This post received
KUDOS
Essays it is! :)

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 294

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 6

Re: 660, now what ? [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2011, 21:57
Expert's post
With a score of 660, you should be in decent shape to apply for the schools you listed. And yes, retake if you plan for applying in R3 as it's getting late in the cycle. Otherwise, differentiating your application is where you want to focus on - the story. Use your story to change their perception of what your traditional indian male IT is all about.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.57
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 2

Re: 660, now what ? [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 04:22
Gave my GMAT today .. scored 660 ( 47 Q/ 35 V)
really devasted dont know what to do now should i appear for it again or should i look to apply for 2014

I am presently working with Bechtel India private limited as a civil design engineer and worked on international projects(through India)

Passed out from National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra in June 2012with a cgpa of 7.9 ( First division with honors)

Will complete 2 year work ex in June 2014

Extra curricular- lot in college head of all the fest organizing and student body in school as well as college

X-88% XII-88%

what should i do please suggest ? should i go for 2014 or retake gmat as i feel i can score high on gmat

target schools York( canada) , Texas A & M ( Mays school ) , NUS ( Singapore) and NTU ( Singapore )

Please advice
Re: 660, now what ?   [#permalink] 13 May 2013, 04:22