Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 11:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

660 - Q: 48 (86%) V: 33 (69%) - Disappointed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2005, 12:54
It's a good score - no worries, butof course if you feel you can improve go for it.

It sounds like you and i will retake around the same time. You can help me with quant and I can help you with verbal!

Stupid GMAT!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2005, 00:13
greenandwise: You're absolutely right in mentioning the number of variables associated with your performance on the GMAT. Nevertheless, the bottomline is that if I didn't clock it - there must be something missing somewhere. The problem of identifying this gets more difficult when the cause is so intangible;

In my practice tests, I was consistently scoring between 40 and 44 on the verbal; I completely solved the OG, maintained an error log and reviewed it religiously. So, I can safely infer that I was not lacking in concepts. It must have been the stamina factor.

I'm taking it easy for a couple of weeks. In the process of "unlearning" so that I may start with the practice tests and not remember the questions when I see them. I plan to read extensively over the next couple of weeks (had been neglecting doing that much during my GMAT preps) and then perhaps start with the OG all over again. For Quant, I plan to keep visiting the fourm, take the challenges and revisit Kaplan.

Caspace: I believe your reason for retaking the test is the disparity between your Verbal and Quant percentile. I would suggest you do the following for Quant:

1) Finish Kaplan - their level of difficulty is most indicative of the actual test
2) Start with Kaplan 800 - some see this book as a collection of the toughest problems in Kaplan's other resources, but there are some good drills, especially on DS.
3) Keep visiting the GMAT club.

Good luck, folks!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2005, 07:15
Good advice Maaverick. I will look into Kap 800.

I don't know if you did this but i am a fan of jotting down key words (or numbers) when you see them so that when you go to answer a question you have the parameters in your mind.

I find it actually speeds up rather than slows me down because i spend less time re-reading. I do it for both math and verbal. Seems to help me more for verbal.

It sounds like you have everything planned out and under control. so good luck and see you around "the Club"

cheers.
  [#permalink] 01 Apr 2005, 07:15