Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

660 q50 v30 Need advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

660 q50 v30 Need advice [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2013, 05:06
Hi,

I got 660(q50 v30) in my first attempt today and need your advice to find out whether reappearing for exam is really worth it. Here is my background info:
--3.9 GPA; conversion done based on conversion chart provided during exam. Otherwise, it is 8.6 on the scale of 10. I am from India and studied in India.
--Working with a major bank in Amsterdam as an IT consultant from past 1.5 years. Previously worked with a company in India for about 1.5 years; so in total 3 years of experience.

I want to check my chances for University of Chicago, Booth or University of Michigan, Ross.
I would really appreciate if you guys can help me decide whether shall I reappear for test or not.

Thanks in advance :)
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: 660 q50 v30 Need advice [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2013, 18:36
Expert's post
While a 660 GMAT is a great score (particularly with the 50 quant), because the average score for your target schools is higher and also because the average score for your fellow countrymen is also higher, I would say you would increase your chances if you sat again and raised your score. You must remember that you will be compared to others with a similar cultural and professional background, so you can thank your fellow Indian applicants for raising the bar there. SChools have the pick of the litter so to speak, so it's not just about GMAT scores. If you can paint your story in a way that captures their attention, you can stand out, but the higher GMAT score would have them paying attention more quickly than using the 660.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews