Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 12:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

670 in the first attempt - Verbal gone down.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
670 in the first attempt - Verbal gone down. [#permalink] New post 26 May 2007, 10:18
Hi guys

I took GMAT on thursday and got 670 (48Q, 33V). I really screwed up the verbal as i was running out of time. I knew that i am weak in RC and the same has pushed me down and taken the valuable time also. Normally i was scoring 38-40 in the preparation tests.

Can anybody tell me what is my chance of getting into the top business schools in UK. I am interested in One year FT MBA.

My profile is
29 years male,
Double gruaduate in Chemistry and Rubber TEchnology.
5 years of work experience (3 years Middle east).

Should i go for one more try? I feel that i can increase it by 30-40 points, but whether that worth?

Details of my GMAT experience and my draw backs will be shared with you tommorrow. Let it be a help to some body like me...
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 May 2007, 15:33
surbab, congratulations with the result!
It is a decent score and is certainly competitive enough score for any 1 year FT MBA program in the UK.

Having said that, if you strongly believe that with a month of prep you can score better, may be it is worth it - esp, that timing seems to have been your main problem.

If you are only considering 1 year MBAs, you should consider INSEAD , as well. It is the only 1 year program that is in the top 10 b-schools in the world (according to FT ranking)

If you clarify your backgroud a bit and where you stand in the GMAT scoring potential "curve", club members should be able to provide more useful feedback.

But the bottom line is, you should not have an issue even with your current score.

All the best! :)
  [#permalink] 27 May 2007, 15:33