Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 20:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

670 Kaplan 680 GMAT Prep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

670 Kaplan 680 GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 13:29
Hello All,

Came across the score estimator at:
--link blocked-- - 5 days, 5 posts requirements

Giving my GMAT in about 7 weeks.
I took the GMAT PREP test 1 from GMAC and got a 680 on the 25th.
Took free online Kaplan test available at
--link Blocked--
and got a 670.

My question is which Kaplan test does the score estimator base its score on ? Knowing Kaplan, I am sure they have some test software other than this online test. Can I use the score mentioned above in the score estimator assuming the free online test is comparable to the tests on kaplan's software or is the online version much easier than the software version ?

I am also planning to take the
2nd GMAT prep test towards the end,
the 10 800 score tests - 2 every week
Princeton review free online test
Manhattan's free online test
Grockit's free test if one is available
the 2 cats from Barron
and i have a mcgraw hill book with 6 paper based tests

Is this a good list or do you have any other suggestions? Like I said, I got 680 and 670 respectively on 2 tests. Considering the fact that I have about 1.5 months to go, am I any way close to getting a 700+ ?

Thank you,
Karthik.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: 670 Kaplan 680 GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 13:54
karth123 wrote:
Hello All,

Came across the score estimator at:
--link blocked-- - 5 days, 5 posts requirements

Giving my GMAT in about 7 weeks.
I took the GMAT PREP test 1 from GMAC and got a 680 on the 25th.
Took free online Kaplan test available at
--link Blocked--
and got a 670.

My question is which Kaplan test does the score estimator base its score on ? Knowing Kaplan, I am sure they have some test software other than this online test. Can I use the score mentioned above in the score estimator assuming the free online test is comparable to the tests on kaplan's software or is the online version much easier than the software version ?

I am also planning to take the
2nd GMAT prep test towards the end,
the 10 800 score tests - 2 every week
Princeton review free online test
Manhattan's free online test
Grockit's free test if one is available
the 2 cats from Barron
and i have a mcgraw hill book with 6 paper based tests

Is this a good list or do you have any other suggestions? Like I said, I got 680 and 670 respectively on 2 tests. Considering the fact that I have about 1.5 months to go, am I any way close to getting a 700+ ?

Thank you,
Karthik.

You certainly have a good tight plan ahead of you. Please remember that the actual tests is very different from those prep you have already tried. You stay focus and identify rather your weak areas and spend more time on them rather than working through n number of tests. Moreover the prep tests are much easier than the real tests.
Good luck!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: 670 Kaplan 680 GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 14:11
Hey Karth,

we have the same situation, I just wrote a post wondering about the kaplan test reprensentativity
(I haven't the right to post the link yet, the title is: wondering-about-kaplan-cat-test-representativity)

I explained my results in detail, you can compare it with yours, and, if you can, reply to my post by your results also, in order that I compare it with mine, this can give us an idea about the kaplan test level.

Lugo,

Is the real test tougher than the gmat prep also!!!!
Manager
Manager

Re: 670 Kaplan 680 GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 14:32
Miz wrote:
Hey Karth,

we have the same situation, I just wrote a post wondering about the kaplan test reprensentativity
(I haven't the right to post the link yet, the title is: wondering-about-kaplan-cat-test-representativity)

I explained my results in detail, you can compare it with yours, and, if you can, reply to my post by your results also, in order that I compare it with mine, this can give us an idea about the kaplan test level.

Lugo,

Is the real test tougher than the gmat prep also!!!!

Hey there

Yes, mine was quite hard - I think I got at least the first 12-15 questions right in the quant and verbal. That's the key to get a high score in the GMAT. Remember the test is an adaptive one, and therefore answering correctly the first 12-15 questions, at this point in time the algorithm reaches one of the highest node of the distribution at which it can not longer throw you any more hard questions. My view is that the scores follow a binomial distribution hence if you answer the first 12-15 questions correctly one after another, you pretty much done with the test. But please make sure you answer all remaining questions even if that means guessing and of course within the allocated time.
Intern
Intern

Re: 670 Kaplan 680 GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 18:07
Hiya Lugo,

Your identity says: gmat1 800

Are you going to give gmat2? :-D and how in the world did you manage to get that score
You should totally write a blog which guys like me can read and get somewhere around 790 8-)
Intern
Intern

Re: 670 Kaplan 680 GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 18:12
Hey Miz,

I appreciate that you took the tests too but I don't see how replying to your thread would help me answer my question :-D

I did go through your thread. Our cases are different though. In fact, I wanted to know if the toughness of the tests on the software from Kaplan and the Online test of Kaplan are similar. As far as I understand, Kaplan test seems to be the toughest test available. Scoring 600 in Kaplan seems to be scoring 700 in GMAT. I just wanted to know if I did the right Kaplan test or if I am just excited for no reason for getting 670 in a relatively easy test.
Manager
Manager

Re: 670 Kaplan 680 GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2009, 08:39
karth123 wrote:
Hiya Lugo,

Your identity says: gmat1 800

Are you going to give gmat2? :-D and how in the world did you manage to get that score
You should totally write a blog which guys like me can read and get somewhere around 790 8-)

One is enough I think. Good luck with your test
Re: 670 Kaplan 680 GMAT Prep   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2009, 08:39