Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 04:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

680 (44Q,40V) 90% percentile

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 334
Location: Uruguay
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
680 (44Q,40V) 90% percentile [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2004, 19:25
Well I finally took it after months of preparation. This was my first attempt and hopefully the last. I am still going to apply to top schools with this score and see what happens. Still I feel that I can do better, but don't think is worth it to retake. I will do so only if Univs. tell me to.

I was nervous at the beginning of the quant section. This made me lose time. I had to guess the second question!!!! The time ran out when I still had two questions left to answer. Lot's of DS questions. PS was not very hard but many of them were time consuming. One easy prob question and no standard deviation.

I thought verbal was fairly easy. The hardest questions in this section were CR's (I had to guess 3 of them). SC's were easy. RC was ok (thank god no literature passages) although 2 of them were almost 100 lines long. I had 4 passages in total.


I would like to thank everybody on this site, you guys were a really good help. I am not just saying this, I mean it.


If anybody has any questions I'll be more than glad to answer them.


I wish you all the best.

Martin.-
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Dec 2003
Posts: 227
Location: India
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2004, 19:41
CONGRATS MARTIN, Its a GOOD score and am sure that u would make it to the top school. Can u tell me the sequence of questions in verbal Thanks
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2003
Posts: 4318
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2004, 19:46
Very good score Martin. I read many of your posts and they helped me a lot also. Best of luck in your applications, though you may not particularly need it :lol:
_________________

Best Regards,

Paul

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 334
Location: Uruguay
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2004, 19:46
rakesh1239 wrote:
CONGRATS MARTIN, Its a GOOD score and am sure that u would make it to the top school. Can u tell me the sequence of questions in verbal Thanks


Thanks rakesh.

All I remember is that my first q was a SC and then I got a passage 50 lines long.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Dec 2003
Posts: 227
Location: India
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2004, 19:48
Thanks Martin and ALL THE BEST
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 334
Location: Uruguay
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2004, 19:58
Paul wrote:
Very good score Martin. I read many of your posts and they helped me a lot also. Best of luck in your applications, though you may not particularly need it :lol:



Thank you Paul.


Seems like my quest ended 20 miles away from mt. doom :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 May 2003
Posts: 427
Location: Aus
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2004, 21:24
Great score. You have scored well in both the portions of the test. All the best with your applications.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2003
Posts: 59
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2004, 03:52
Great score! Good luck with your application, which schools are you targeting?
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Posts: 1071
Location: USA
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2004, 07:33
Congrats Martin.

Was the quant second more difficult than OG?

Good luck with your apps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 334
Location: Uruguay
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2004, 12:06
giddi77 wrote:
Congrats Martin.

Was the quant second more difficult than OG?

Good luck with your apps.


giddi77:

No I don't think it was harder than OG. It was one of those questions were you have to "see" the answer, use logic instead mathematical skills. I was so nervous that I couldn't think straight. With a cool head I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard to answer.


bluefox420:

I am targeting HBS, Wharton, Columbia, Berkeley and Insead. I recently had a job offer from an european consulting firm so maybe I'll postpone the MBA for one year. Who knows, I might even retake the GMAT now that most of the pressure is off.
CEO
CEO
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Posts: 3470
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 670 [0], given: 781

Re: 680 (44Q,40V) 90% percentile [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2004, 14:00
MartinMag wrote:
Well I finally took it after months of preparation. This was my first attempt and hopefully the last. I am still going to apply to top schools with this score and see what happens. Still I feel that I can do better, but don't think is worth it to retake. I will do so only if Univs. tell me to.

I was nervous at the beginning of the quant section. This made me lose time. I had to guess the second question!!!! The time ran out when I still had two questions left to answer. Lot's of DS questions. PS was not very hard but many of them were time consuming. One easy prob question and no standard deviation.

I thought verbal was fairly easy. The hardest questions in this section were CR's (I had to guess 3 of them). SC's were easy. RC was ok (thank god no literature passages) although 2 of them were almost 100 lines long. I had 4 passages in total.


I would like to thank everybody on this site, you guys were a really good help. I am not just saying this, I mean it.
If anybody has any questions I'll be more than glad to answer them.
I wish you all the best.

Martin.-


congrats
good luck
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Posts: 246
Location: MI
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2004, 15:28
Good show Martin.

Best of luck...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 334
Location: Uruguay
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2004, 08:07
Thanks praet and asandeep.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2003
Posts: 252
Location: USA
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2004, 08:52
Congratulations Martin. 680 is indeed a good score.
  [#permalink] 19 Jan 2004, 08:52
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
A's grade was the 90th percentile of the class. Of the 100 krishan 6 27 Dec 2008, 00:19
1 Amys grade was the 90 percentile of the 80 grades for her netcaesar 6 30 Jan 2008, 11:23
Is a 50 in math 90 percentile or 95 percentile? I thought it Futuristic 2 21 Sep 2006, 11:46
GMAT-680(90th Percentile). Should I retake? batman2004 5 15 Oct 2004, 17:24
Experts publish their posts in the topic Should I retake (680- 90th percentile)? Pls advise batman2004 4 14 Oct 2004, 06:08
Display posts from previous: Sort by

680 (44Q,40V) 90% percentile

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: TGC, m3equals333



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.