Dear Stacy Blackman
Hope you are doing well,
I have just taken the GMAT and scored 680 on my second attempt. I am still not satisfied with my score and thinking of re-taking the exam a 3rd time.
My profile is as follows:
- Arab male from the Middle East
- Graduated with Distinction from University
- Have 3 years of work experience in Consulting at one of the top 5 firms.
- Have lived in more than 5 different countries
- Have done some substantial charity work (cancer patients, education programs, etc ...)
I have 3 questions and would appreciate if you answer me.
1) Do you think I should retake the GMAT? HBS is one of the schools that asks you for how many times you have taken the GMAT. If I repeat it and I mention on my application that I have taken it 3 times, will that affect me?
2) Do I have chances of getting an interview with a 680, keeping in mind that many people who are applying with me with the same profile have a 700+ score
3) Do you think having my brother graduated from HBS a few years back will help me in my application and will be a factor that would help to get me an interview? I have heard that HBS really liked legacies and all.