Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 02:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
13 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Broad '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [13] , given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 06:39
13
This post received
KUDOS
Post my attempt at GMAT on July 1, 2013, I was disheartened as I got 680 (Q51 V28) - a score that was extremely skewed in one direction. For some initial days, I was under in a state of shock and dilemma to leave altogether my MBA plans or go with this score.

However, by July 11, 2013 I made up my mind to give GMAT again as I did goof-up in my earlier attempt - I used about 20 minutes on a single RC leaving me with no choice but to guess on last 5-6 verbal questions, and I always felt that those guesses took my score down.

Preparation:

Getting a good score in Quant, I did not study that section except for revising the incorrect questions, I faced during my Mock GMAT tests. In addition, I knew that my CR is a strength and I do reasonably well in RC, if I am able to focus appropriately in the test. Sentence Correction was the biggest problem area for me, although I had completed MGMAT Sentence Correction guide numerous times.

Verbal - Sentence Correction
To attack sentence correction I forgot all the question banks I had in my computer and just started reading basics again from Wren and Martin, post that I took a risk of buying the e-GMAT course. Although there were testimonials, mentioning significant improvements, I always took those with a pinch of salt and always took them as a marketing tactic. However, being depressed with my score, I took a risk of buying the course. And to my surprise, it was my best investment ever - although people might argue that the overall course content is similar to any other book - I would assume that nobody would create additional grammar rules to increase their course content over an above the ones required in GMAT. Primarily I did three data sources for my entire SC preparation
  • e-GMAT Course
  • OG Sentence Correction Section - Analysed each and every question and all the options, whether correct or incorrect from gmatclub and other sources
  • OG Verbal Review 2 - Saw the Youtube videos uploaded by e-GMAT

Personally, I believe these three sources were far more than sufficient for even me, who was extremely weak in SC. In addition, I always referred back to Wren and Martin to clear some of my grammar concepts.

Mock Tests
Apart from SC, I was not good in timing strategy as I only gave 3 mock tests before my earlier attempt at GMAT. So, I started giving Kaplan Tests - the ones that come with GMAT Premier book. By my 5th mock test, my speed increased overall to a level, where I was able to complete Quant section within 70 minutes and the Verbal section within the stipulated time.

GMAT-Day:

As I started with the test, i had some stomach ache happening, irritating me to the core. As I started with AWA, which was fairly direct, I completely the section well within the time frame.

Post that in the IR section, I completed the section in about 22 minutes which was much faster than what I generally able to do. The confidence of completing IR well before time gave me a lot of confidence and surprisingly my stomach ache also vanished with it.

Quant
As I started with the Quant section, I solved 10 straight questions that I completed in under 6 minutes and on the 11th question, I got stuck for about 5 minutes and post that, keeping a stone on heart, I guessed it. Overall, I was able to complete the entire Quant section without any further guesses with 17 minutes remaining on the clock.

Yes it was amusing for myself, and I used the additional time into writing all the notes and some of the idioms for my Verbal section. I invested about 6-7 minutes into it and then clicked for the break (now I think, I should have used that 6-7 minutes as well).

Verbal
Post the break when I came back, I was surprised to see a new scratch pad on my desk and my 1 minute counter for the instruction screen had started. I quickly asked the invigilator to bring back my old scratch pad, which she did and I just started with the Verbal section.

As I started I got a difficult SC question to start with, whcih I took about 2-3 minutes to solve. Post that, my speed increased seeing some easy CR questions back to back and then a RC that was fairly easy to understand. Surprisingly my concentration was 10x times my average concentration I used to have during my earlier mocks. I was feeling very good about reading English. All the while I got 4 RCs and I understood all of them in just one read for each of them. As I was on 37 question I saw 15 minutes remaining on the clock, which literally gave me goosebumps. This was something highly not expected from me, so I continued solving the last 5 questions and I was done with 10 minutes on the clock. I took some minutes just thinking about the score on the last question. The last question was a SC question on subjunctive mood with an inserted modifier - this question increased my confidence level as I believed this to be a tough question and so I assumed that I have faired well on the test.

As time passed, I clicked the answer and filled out the additional questions required - the one those come at the end of the test. As I got the report score screen, I shivered and kept on saying 720 in my mind - but when I saw 740 on the screen, I had a big smile on my face. I was literally on top of the world seeing 40 in verbal, though I was not very happy with my quant score of 50.

As I came outside, I got the printout of my score, and the invigilator smiled and handed me the scorecard.

For any questions on preparation for SC, feel free to ask here.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Posts: 86
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: ISB '15
WE: Account Management (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [2] , given: 61

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 07:40
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hi.. congrats on your great score. How did you go about Quant? You said you got Q51 in your first take too. Can you please share how did you approach Quant and share some tips for someone like me who is very weak in Quant (I scored Q44 in my first take).
And, Congrats again on the superb score.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Status: Hell of a job to do now !
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 69
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [2] , given: 34

Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 09:15
2
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats on your great score buddy! Kudos to your hard work... :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 117
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 26

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 13:08
1
This post received
KUDOS
So you finished the egmat course for SC within 30 days??? Usually how much time did you give on an average to different sections in those 30 days. Am assuming you covered all basics and were more focused on strategy during the second attempt. And you had amazing timing grasp since you were able to save so much time. Good job mate and good luck with your applications

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
_________________

Cheers
Farhan

Goizueta Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 194
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 13:46
Congrats on the great score! Now its time for me to break 700!
Manager
Manager
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Broad '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 18:34
pavan2185 wrote:
Hi.. congrats on your great score. How did you go about Quant? You said you got Q51 in your first take too. Can you please share how did you approach Quant and share some tips for someone like me who is very weak in Quant (I scored Q44 in my first take).
And, Congrats again on the superb score.


Hi pavan2185,

My quant was never a problem - so I just completed OG Quant sections and rest I just checked my incorrect questions from my mock tests. Also, before each of my attempts, I revised all the important formulas from GMAT Club Maths PDF.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Broad '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 18:43
farhanc85 wrote:
So you finished the egmat course for SC within 30 days??? Usually how much time did you give on an average to different sections in those 30 days. Am assuming you covered all basics and were more focused on strategy during the second attempt. And you had amazing timing grasp since you were able to save so much time. Good job mate and good luck with your applications

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit


As I was super charged up post July 10, I completed the e-GMAT score for SC within two weeks. During my re-attempt I spent about my 70-80% time on SC and rest on giving mock tests, as I knew that my concepts were strong for other sections but my timing was an issue.

Regarding saving much time in test - During my mocks, given near the exam, I put up 65 minutes as time limit for Q and V section, so as to improve my overall speed - this experience itself increased my speed to good level. Surprisingly, as I work better under pressure, my RC comprehension also increased.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 15

Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 18:50
Congrats on your score!
Did you only do Kaplan Mocks for second round?
Timing in verbal is my weak area.
Were the SC - meaning based?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 15

Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 18:51
How frequently did you do the mocks?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Broad '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 18:56
saidyuti wrote:
Congrats on your score!
Did you only do Kaplan Mocks for second round?
Timing in verbal is my weak area.
Were the SC - meaning based?


Yes the first time I only did 2 tests from official gmat prep and 1 free manhattan test. In my second attempt, I did Kaplan mock tests and 1 official gmat prep re-attempt. I guess most non-natives have verbal as the issue.

Post my first attempt, the day when I started with my preparation again, I just read wren and martin - nearly all the chapters within 2-3 days. The grammar revision helped me a lot having a strong base.

Lastly, during my 4 weeks, I gave 2 mocks on weekends and 3 mocks during my last week before the real GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 15

Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 19:03
Thanks
Any tips for CR and RC? How many RC did you get?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Broad '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 00:10
saidyuti wrote:
Thanks
Any tips for CR and RC? How many RC did you get?


My CR was a strong point so i didnt do anything per se for that section. But for RC and CR collectively, I used to make mini-test taking 16 questions of RC and 17 questions of CR and doing them within a time-frame of 1 hour.

In real test, I got 4 RCs
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 161
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 73

Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 01:48
Congratulations on the great score. Some great takeaways in there.

1, Timing mock tests to 65 minutes once you plateau out on the score.
2, Building Stamina using the 1 hr crams for Verbal


Btw could you post your mock scores just to get a feel?
_________________

You've been walking the ocean's edge, holding up your robes to keep them dry. You must dive naked under, and deeper under, a thousand times deeper! - Rumi

http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... nprep-com/ - This is worth its weight in gold

Economist GMAT Test - 730, Q50, V41 Aug 9th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 670, Q45, V36 Aug 11th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 680, Q47, V36 Aug 17th, 2013
GmatPrep CAT 1 - 770, Q50, V44 Aug 24th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 690, Q45, V39 Aug 30th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 710, Q48, V39 Sep 13th, 2013
GmatPrep CAT 2 - 740, Q49, V41 Oct 6th, 2013

GMAT - 770, Q50, V44, Oct 7th, 2013
My Debrief - from-the-ashes-thou-shall-rise-770-q-50-v-44-awa-5-ir-162299.html#p1284542

Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Posts: 25
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 01:57
rishi0109 wrote:
Post my attempt at GMAT on July 1, 2013, I was disheartened as I got 680 (Q51 V28) - a score that was extremely skewed in one direction. For some initial days, I was under in a state of shock and dilemma to leave altogether my MBA plans or go with this score.

However, by July 11, 2013 I made up my mind to give GMAT again as I did goof-up in my earlier attempt - I used about 20 minutes on a single RC leaving me with no choice but to guess on last 5-6 verbal questions, and I always felt that those guesses took my score down.

Preparation:

Getting a good score in Quant, I did not study that section except for revising the incorrect questions, I faced during my Mock GMAT tests. In addition, I knew that my CR is a strength and I do reasonably well in RC, if I am able to focus appropriately in the test. Sentence Correction was the biggest problem area for me, although I had completed MGMAT Sentence Correction guide numerous times.

Verbal - Sentence Correction
To attack sentence correction I forgot all the question banks I had in my computer and just started reading basics again from Wren and Martin, post that I took a risk of buying the e-GMAT course. Although there were testimonials, mentioning significant improvements, I always took those with a pinch of salt and always took them as a marketing tactic. However, being depressed with my score, I took a risk of buying the course. And to my surprise, it was my best investment ever - although people might argue that the overall course content is similar to any other book - I would assume that nobody would create additional grammar rules to increase their course content over an above the ones required in GMAT. Primarily I did three data sources for my entire SC preparation
  • e-GMAT Course
  • OG Sentence Correction Section - Analysed each and every question and all the options, whether correct or incorrect from gmatclub and other sources
  • OG Verbal Review 2 - Saw the Youtube videos uploaded by e-GMAT

Personally, I believe these three sources were far more than sufficient for even me, who was extremely weak in SC. In addition, I always referred back to Wren and Martin to clear some of my grammar concepts.

Mock Tests
Apart from SC, I was not good in timing strategy as I only gave 3 mock tests before my earlier attempt at GMAT. So, I started giving Kaplan Tests - the ones that come with GMAT Premier book. By my 5th mock test, my speed increased overall to a level, where I was able to complete Quant section within 70 minutes and the Verbal section within the stipulated time.

GMAT-Day:

As I started with the test, i had some stomach ache happening, irritating me to the core. As I started with AWA, which was fairly direct, I completely the section well within the time frame.

Post that in the IR section, I completed the section in about 22 minutes which was much faster than what I generally able to do. The confidence of completing IR well before time gave me a lot of confidence and surprisingly my stomach ache also vanished with it.

Quant
As I started with the Quant section, I solved 10 straight questions that I completed in under 6 minutes and on the 11th question, I got stuck for about 5 minutes and post that, keeping a stone on heart, I guessed it. Overall, I was able to complete the entire Quant section without any further guesses with 17 minutes remaining on the clock.

Yes it was amusing for myself, and I used the additional time into writing all the notes and some of the idioms for my Verbal section. I invested about 6-7 minutes into it and then clicked for the break (now I think, I should have used that 6-7 minutes as well).

Verbal
Post the break when I came back, I was surprised to see a new scratch pad on my desk and my 1 minute counter for the instruction screen had started. I quickly asked the invigilator to bring back my old scratch pad, which she did and I just started with the Verbal section.

As I started I got a difficult SC question to start with, whcih I took about 2-3 minutes to solve. Post that, my speed increased seeing some easy CR questions back to back and then a RC that was fairly easy to understand. Surprisingly my concentration was 10x times my average concentration I used to have during my earlier mocks. I was feeling very good about reading English. All the while I got 4 RCs and I understood all of them in just one read for each of them. As I was on 37 question I saw 15 minutes remaining on the clock, which literally gave me goosebumps. This was something highly not expected from me, so I continued solving the last 5 questions and I was done with 10 minutes on the clock. I took some minutes just thinking about the score on the last question. The last question was a SC question on subjunctive mood with an inserted modifier - this question increased my confidence level as I believed this to be a tough question and so I assumed that I have faired well on the test.

As time passed, I clicked the answer and filled out the additional questions required - the one those come at the end of the test. As I got the report score screen, I shivered and kept on saying 720 in my mind - but when I saw 740 on the screen, I had a big smile on my face. I was literally on top of the world seeing 40 in verbal, though I was not very happy with my quant score of 50.

As I came outside, I got the printout of my score, and the invigilator smiled and handed me the scorecard.

For any questions on preparation for SC, feel free to ask here.




Congrats on a great score..i have a question with respect to the strategy with Verbal

considering that Verbal was not your strength how did you calm your nerves/got that confidence before you hit the start test of the verbal section, what did you do in the break between the quant and the verbal section. The reason im asking this is that i tend to freak out thinking what will happen in the verbal section since i know it is not my strength ..how did you come out of that frame of mind ?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Broad '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 03:28
Transcendentalist wrote:
Congratulations on the great score. Some great takeaways in there.

1, Timing mock tests to 65 minutes once you plateau out on the score.
2, Building Stamina using the 1 hr crams for Verbal


Btw could you post your mock scores just to get a feel?


Thanks!.

I would like to add, dont time it to 65 minutes if you hit plateau but time it 65 minutes just to increase you speed - i did the same as I was not able to complete the paper well within the time-limits.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Broad '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 03:35
deepri0812 wrote:
Congrats on a great score..i have a question with respect to the strategy with Verbal

considering that Verbal was not your strength how did you calm your nerves/got that confidence before you hit the start test of the verbal section, what did you do in the break between the quant and the verbal section. The reason im asking this is that i tend to freak out thinking what will happen in the verbal section since i know it is not my strength ..how did you come out of that frame of mind ?


Honestly, i never get freaked out but I used to get burnt out and lose my concentration during RC - after certain time, I used to feel that I cant concentrate any further and let me just guess some questions. So, I just increased my stamina by giving tests with even shorter time-limits.

I didnt get your this part of the question - "what did you do in the break between the quant and the verbal section" - if you are talking about my breakup its q50 and v40. Actually since the start of my preparation, I always oscillated between 50 and 51 in Quant without any preparation, so it was only Verbal that I had to focus upon.

Also, keep in mind that freaking out is useless, and this is something that never happened with me in any of the tests.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 161
Concentration: Sustainability, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 73

Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 08:06
rishi0109 wrote:
Transcendentalist wrote:
Congratulations on the great score. Some great takeaways in there.

1, Timing mock tests to 65 minutes once you plateau out on the score.
2, Building Stamina using the 1 hr crams for Verbal


Btw could you post your mock scores just to get a feel?


Thanks!.

I would like to add, dont time it to 65 minutes if you hit plateau but time it 65 minutes just to increase you speed - i did the same as I was not able to complete the paper well within the time-limits.


I should probably rephrase that. What i meant was once you start consistently hitting you desired range of scores, i would down time the tests to increase speed just so that i would potentially have more time to answer the 1-2 rogue ones that may crop up on test day
_________________

You've been walking the ocean's edge, holding up your robes to keep them dry. You must dive naked under, and deeper under, a thousand times deeper! - Rumi

http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... nprep-com/ - This is worth its weight in gold

Economist GMAT Test - 730, Q50, V41 Aug 9th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 670, Q45, V36 Aug 11th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 680, Q47, V36 Aug 17th, 2013
GmatPrep CAT 1 - 770, Q50, V44 Aug 24th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 690, Q45, V39 Aug 30th, 2013
Manhattan GMAT Test - 710, Q48, V39 Sep 13th, 2013
GmatPrep CAT 2 - 740, Q49, V41 Oct 6th, 2013

GMAT - 770, Q50, V44, Oct 7th, 2013
My Debrief - from-the-ashes-thou-shall-rise-770-q-50-v-44-awa-5-ir-162299.html#p1284542

Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: Schulich '16 (A)
GMAT Date: 09-14-2013
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 15:35
Hi Rishi,

Congrats on the great score, can you please help me out in my situation?

I'm static on a 650 score in Kaplan and GMAT Prep.
Q47-48 V33-34.

I want to touch a 700. In GMAT prep i noticed I was getting many of the earlier questions wrong, could this be a reason?
GMAT is scheduled in 25 days....

Prep - MGMAT Prep series and e-gmat for SC.

Please advise!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: HKU 15 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 22:03
Hello Rishi,

Congratulations on a remarkable score and an excellent improvement in your score. I appeared for the test in June and got a 660 (Q48, V33). Since then I've been contemplating whether I reappear or apply with the same score. I feel motivated by your story. :idea:

I know I should improve my Quantitative score by at least 2 points, which I think I can.

But, I'm not sure of my verbal score. I'm quite good at SC and have a good speed at this. I use SC questions as my speed boosters during the test. My RC and CR are average. Can you suggest some plan to work on these?

Also, when did you plan to reappear and were you sure of your score improvement before the test?

Thanks
Nikhil
Manager
Manager
Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 84
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2013, 09:37
It is so interesting that I got a 650 with splits Q50/V28 almost two years ago...How come you would end up with a 680?
Re: 680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2013, 09:37
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic 680 - Q51 V28 - Extremely Disappointed NR91 6 01 Jul 2013, 04:34
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation - 680 - Q51 V28 NR91 2 02 Jul 2013, 07:18
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation - 680 - Q51 V28 NR91 3 02 Jul 2013, 07:20
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation - 680 - Q51 V28 NR91 1 02 Jul 2013, 07:20
New posts Experts publish their posts in the topic What is the scope of improvement in verbal in next 30 days. prateekbhatt 7 28 Aug 2013, 21:49
Display posts from previous: Sort by

680 (V28) to 740(V40) in 30 days - Nailed Verbal

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 31 posts ] 

Moderator: TGC



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.