Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

690 - 1st Attempt - Need Advice...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

690 - 1st Attempt - Need Advice... [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2007, 19:06
So I went into the GMAT with expectations of taking the exam twice. On my 1st attempt I scored a 690:

Verbal 88% 39
Quant 80% 46
Analytical 87% 5.5

I didn't expect to do as well on my first try and now I face the dilemma of whether to take the exam again. I am shooting for top 10 and I am not certain how much I can raise my score or the proper way to do it.

In addition, if you think I should retake please let me know what the best options are. I spoke to Manhattan GMAT and they said the regular course may be a retread for me. I originally took Kaplan.

I graduated from the University of Maryland cum laude 3.8 in 2005 with many leadership experiences. I have since worked in entertainment and bounced around a little bit.

I am interested to hear all opinions - Thanks.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2007, 20:21
Top schools I am considering: NYU & Columbia
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2007, 05:34
How much did you study for the test the first time around? What were you scoring on practice tests? Sometimes people don't take enough practice tests and so they don't have good time management strategies, and this is an area where you can make easy gains.

If you're set on going to a top school, then it may be worth taking the test again. You should go to one of the other GMATClub forums like "Ask Accepted.com" or "MBA Gameplan" and post your profile, there are professional consultants there who will give you a free evaluation and better advice than me!
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2007, 06:28
Columbia and NYU are gmat whores.
  [#permalink] 15 Mar 2007, 06:28