Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 18:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

690 --a big relief

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2005, 16:43
Hi Praveen,
Congrats for your awesome achievement!Last month I took GMAT
but could mop up only 510(41Q,19V).I feel utterly depressed.I've just found this forum & overwhelmed by its content; I'm also greatly moved by your achievement.Can you guide me in following fields,
1)I'm a full time worker.I can spend max 20 hrs in 7 days . From today onwards when should I schedule my 2nd attempt?(I'm now eyeing for GMAT only,regardless of admission itinerary).
2)Should I take it by 2005,otherwise ACT may change the test pattern FOLLOWED BY ETS
3) I've got these materials
KAPLAN2005 +CD
PR2005+CD
KAP800
PR VERBAL(JUST PURCHSED)
PROF DAVE BOOK+CD
OG(LAST TIME I GOT THIS 5 DAYS PRIOR TO MY TEST)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2005, 11:39
BULLdoser,
It is never too late to improve your score. GMAT is just a standerdized test. Most important thing you need to be aware of to get score is "Discipline" in your study habits. Remember, ETS doesn't test how many materials you have studied instead tests how well you understand the concepts. Hence there is really no point in spending all your time searching for new materials. My recommendation to you is that pick up any of the reputed book (PR, OFFICIAL GUIDE, KAPlan etc)as a starter, learn the concepts to your bone. Identify you weak spots, focus all your energy on improving those. This forum is a great source for learning concepts. Definately actively participate in the discussions. Here are few pointers to make the best of your available time.

One rule of thumb is "If you can't explain it you haven't learnt it". So when you spend time in this forum try to actively participate in the discussions. Try to explain your reasonings.

Keep an error log of all mistakes you do and review it periodically ( Once a weak ??)

Practice under timed conditions and review even the once you get right.

Full length tests only helps you to build up stamina, untill you get your concepts right avoid full length tests.

Online Challenges give you pleanty good questions to practice.

Make the best of this forum and good luck to your exam. Hope this helps.

Praveen

[#permalink] 05 Jul 2005, 11:39