Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 18:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

690 on GMATPrep to 590 on the real thing!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

690 on GMATPrep to 590 on the real thing! [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2010, 18:28
:cry: I took each practice test from GMAC twice...here were my scores: 570, 630, 650, and the day before the test..690. Someone please help me to figure out how to get this score on the real test!

I unfortunately had problems at the test center. At the end of the break before quantitative my computer would not log back into the test. I lost 6 minutes. I freaked out and I think that it kept me from thinking clearly. I only scored in the 48 percentile in quantitative and the 70 percentile in verbal. Verbal did seem much harder than in my practice tests. I got a lot of highlighted and bolded RC/CR questions. The passages were difficult to comprehend and follow. I usually never reread, but still had trouble after re-reading twice! Thankfully I read very fast, as that has always been my strength.

I am weak in DS and overall speed in quantitative. Any suggestions to improve in this area?

I used:

OG 12 guide
OG quantitative guide
Princeton review math workbook
princeton review cracking the gmat
MGMAT SC

I kept track of my timing on the test by writing 15 intervals on my test with what question I should be on. That made sure I finished on time. But I did have to guess a lot of questions on quantitative bc I can not work fast enough.

I also get very stressed and have trouble thinking clearly on the real exam. I get flustered and panicky if I am close to an answer yet need to take longer than 2 min to solve it. So I guess and move on and get more anxious.

Please help me. I am retaking the test January 8th.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
WE: Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: 690 on GMATPrep to 590 on the real thing! [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2010, 22:32
Tough break. Good luck on the retry.

emk60 wrote:
:cry: I took each practice test from GMAC twice...here were my

scores: 570, 630, 650, and the day before the test..690. Someone please help me to figure out how to get this score on the real test!

I unfortunately had problems at the test center. At the end of the break before quantitative my computer would not log back into the test. I lost 6 minutes. I freaked out and I think that it kept me from thinking clearly. I only scored in the 48 percentile in quantitative and the 70 percentile in verbal. Verbal did seem much harder than in my practice tests. I got a lot of highlighted and bolded RC/CR questions. The passages were difficult to comprehend and follow. I usually never reread, but still had trouble after re-reading twice! Thankfully I read very fast, as that has always been my strength.

I am weak in DS and overall speed in quantitative. Any suggestions to improve in this area?

I used:

OG 12 guide
OG quantitative guide
Princeton review math workbook
princeton review cracking the gmat
MGMAT SC

I kept track of my timing on the test by writing 15 intervals on my test with what question I should be on. That made sure I finished on time. But I did have to guess a lot of questions on quantitative bc I can not work fast enough.

I also get very stressed and have trouble thinking clearly on the real exam. I get flustered and panicky if I am close to an answer yet need to take longer than 2 min to solve it. So I guess and move on and get more anxious.

Please help me. I am retaking the test January 8th.
Re: 690 on GMATPrep to 590 on the real thing!   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2010, 22:32