Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow. Great Score. Thanks for writting down the entire experience. This will really help me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats man .. are you planning to try again with a different verbal prep approach?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 987 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I firmly believe that with your work-profile and graduate/undergraduate study records you will be able to secure the admission in one of the top Univs. GMAT was the just stepping stone, now you need to concentrate on the application process and the interviews. You know that matters alot. The average score for top univs comes out between 670-700. Furthermore, you have got everything on the positive side, just concentrate on the applications and see what's waiting in.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys.

As of now, I am NOT planning to take it again ... just because I will miss the deadlines if I take it again. Though I sooo want to because now I am confident of scoring more even without any preparation ... just a better and a smarter approach.

One more thing, though it is not exactly an advice or anything, in the last 2-3 weeks or so, when in office, I was trying to beat others on this forum to post my answer first - I am not kiddish or anything! - but it is an exercise that I was putting myself through - so that I commit to an answer in writing (by typing here) so that I know what my thought process was and how it needs to change if the ans was wrong.

In that process dj, asandeep, stoolfi, .... all helped a lot because everyone was ready with his/her answers.

I wanted to go thru the process because without commiting myself I found that I would give myself a reason that 'oh yes, this answer is correct and that is what I WOULD HAVE answered' .... I call this self deception and I wanted to come out of it.

Don't put stupid answers just for the heck of it, but try to take no more than 2 mins while posting your answers, and think of it as an exam situation where a wrong answer will lower your score - you will be more serious that way - ... again no body is going to kill you if you are wrong .. but this exercise might help you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
learn the difference between the usages of "as" and "just as" and the difference between the two ;)

exterior angles of a triangle ;)

noun-verb agreement and special cases in them example: difference between 'a number of people' and 'the number of people' and the verb that would follow ;)

perimeter and area of rectangle and circle ;)

review:
tips and startegies from gmatclub THANKS BB
Kaplan: Math review AND Verbal review = v v imp and v v good. Did it in the last 2 hrs before exam for the first time!
Princeton review - verbal workout: SC is really very good.
800scores tests are no big deal but almost all of them have RC coming in as the 2nd questions - it did no make me smarter but may help you.

I know I shouldn't be giving advice and all ... but this forum has given me a lot and I want to give something back f possible .. in whatever way.

I hope you understand what I mean by ;) above.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
try to have discussions about english grammar with anyone and everyone, try to get them involved .. in that way some questions will be raised ... MAKE IT A POINT TO DO RESEARCH ON THOSE QUESTIONS and get your doubts clarified.

I found the actual difference between past tense and present perfect tense just 3 days before the exam!

GET YOUR BASICS RIGHT!!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
It just the mindset that makes one run after 700+ score. I am also hoping for the same,anyway ;-). the point is that even if you have a 750, you may not get the admission, but may land-up at a great place with a 670.

I guess, it 's the competition against one's own ability to perform good on the exam. any exam for that matter.

Just give your best.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
very true DJ. One of the first thoughts that came to my mind after getting my score was 'SH$T! I could have easily gotten a 720+. I will take it again in the next 2 weeks'. But my situation does not allow me to do so. For starters I am off on a long due vacation starting today for the next 10 days. Then application deadlines and all ... I haven't even started with applications essays, recos or anything at all.

But I will take the exam if I don't secure an admission in the schools that I want in with this score, cause now I know ...
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Pitts, I'm sorry to hear about the fact that you did not perform as well as you would have wanted to but 690 is still very good. Definitely that if you did not secure an admission, you should go again. Thank you for posting your scores for the different test preps. I have to ask you though, is the difference between
'a number of people' and
'the number of people'
is that the former would have a plural verb following and the latter would have a singular verb following?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey pitts20042006, Congrats buddy.

I think your GMAT score is good enough to get you in.
All you need is to put efforts in the application and the essays.
Best of luck for the admissions !

Enjoy your vacation..

:musband
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 727 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pitts20042006,

I can very comfortably imagine the situation you faced but "The return of pitts20042006 confidence" played the real part. I believe that your score is just right to make a dent in the admission process. Concentrate on the essays now.

Also you were telling about the writup of all the urls. That would be nice. Thanks.

Bhai
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
pitts20042006 wrote:
Thanks a lot praetorian, Akamaibrah, stolyar for your questions and explanations ... and all others for posting the questions and having the discussions. IT HELPS A LOT. All non-participating members - do take part in discussions and start aswering questions. No body is here to judge you and you are not going to get a 500 because you answered incorrectly on this forum - what you will again is solidity in your thought process .... once you present an argument and someone points out what is wrong or right about it - your thought process develops in a better way. Also you get into the grove of thinking as needed.

Congrats.

good luck with the application process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
[#permalink]
Deleted

Originally posted by SepidehGazeri on 30 Dec 2003, 18:12.
Last edited by SepidehGazeri on 25 Apr 2008, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Happy new year to all of you. [#permalink]
Hi all, am back after my vacation to Las Vegas, LA, Hoover dam and Grand Canyon :)

SepidehGazeri, I'll be really happy if you can gain from my experience.

praetorian123 , Bhai , asandeep Thanks for your comments and encouragement.

Any tips on application process is much appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Bhai wrote
Quote:
Also you were telling about the writup of all the urls. That would be nice. Thanks.

Bhai, I am not sure what you are talking about here.
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Happy new year to all of you. [#permalink]
pitts20042006 wrote:
Hi all, am back after my vacation to Las Vegas, LA, Hoover dam and Grand Canyon :)

SepidehGazeri, I'll be really happy if you can gain from my experience.

praetorian123 , Bhai , asandeep Thanks for your comments and encouragement.

Any tips on application process is much appreciated.

wow...!! hover makes a great site for bungee jumping..
officials didn't let me :cry:

good luck..!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Pitts*,

Congratulations.

Had question about the RC passages: How do the RC passages (both the content and the questions) in the actual test compare with what is in the official guide?

THank.s
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts