Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

690 - retake required?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

690 - retake required? [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 00:22
I took the gmat a couple of days back and got a 690 - Q:49 V:34. Although i'm extremely disappointed with my verbal score considering i NEVER got less than a 40 in my mocks, i'm not sure if a re-take is really 'required' . If someone could help evaluate it'll be great.

Background: Btech/IT/ Female
Graduation year: 2010
Work exp: 3 yrs 5 months.
Profile: Business Analyst

Target Schools: NUS Singapore/ NTU Singapore/Singapore Management University/AIM Manilla /Mannheim Germany/Hong Kong University

q1)What are the chances of me getting a scholarship ?
q2)Deadline for NUS and AIM is 31st Jan. I may be able to finish my application etc by then but i'm not sure if i'll receive my AWA score before another 15 days. Can i send my application without the AWA score for now ?
q3) Do you know of any other good universities where i could apply with this score and hope to get some scholarship ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you !!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 6

Re: 690 - retake required? [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 05:39
Hi,

I see that you have mainly selected the schools across Asia and answering your questions

1. Chances of scholarship are considerably less with a GMAT score of 690. However if you can back it up with extraordinary acads, application and scholarship essays and profile, I think you can make the cut.
2. Have you added the names of these schools in the field "sent GMAT score to the schools", if you have done that your GMAT score will be directly sent to the schools.
3. To analyse or name the other schools where you have a good chance of scholarship, I would need your complete profile.

Hope this helps.

Neha

surbhi87 wrote:
I took the gmat a couple of days back and got a 690 - Q:49 V:34. Although i'm extremely disappointed with my verbal score considering i NEVER got less than a 40 in my mocks, i'm not sure if a re-take is really 'required' . If someone could help evaluate it'll be great.

Background: Btech/IT/ Female
Graduation year: 2010
Work exp: 3 yrs 5 months.
Profile: Business Analyst

Target Schools: NUS Singapore/ NTU Singapore/Singapore Management University/AIM Manilla /Mannheim Germany/Hong Kong University

q1)What are the chances of me getting a scholarship ?
q2)Deadline for NUS and AIM is 31st Jan. I may be able to finish my application etc by then but i'm not sure if i'll receive my AWA score before another 15 days. Can i send my application without the AWA score for now ?
q3) Do you know of any other good universities where i could apply with this score and hope to get some scholarship ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you !!!

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 278

Kudos [?]: 612 [0], given: 5

Re: 690 - retake required? [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 17:53
Expert's post
I'd have to agree with the response to #1 that your chances of a scholarship are quite low at 690--if the scholarship is based on what schools called "merit"---if it's based on some alumni giving back to the school for students in a particular field or of a specific ethnicity -- then that would be different.

But in terms of merit -- generally scholarships are given to students with high solid marks across all categories of the GMAT. For example, we placed a student to London Business School on full scholarship -- his scores were GMAT 770, AWA 6/6 and IR 8/8

You can read about this $93,000 scholarship here: http://www.gmatpill.com/mba/93k-mba-sch ... ss-school/

Another student scored a 760 - and because the school he was applying to would probably get a boost in average GMAT score ---in order for them to incentivize our GMAT PILL student to attend that school, they offered him a $50,000 scholarship. You can read about him here: http://www.gmatpill.com/the-gmat-pill-m ... l-student/

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: 690 - retake required?   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2014, 17:53