Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 11:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

7 years into IT and looking for Executive MBA.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-10-2013
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

7 years into IT and looking for Executive MBA. [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 15:10
Hi GClub ,

I am a IT-Software engineer with an experience of 7 years and had worked with clients in Asia ,Netherlands-Amsterdam and in California-USA.
I would like to do 1 year MBA from a top B-School. All the executive /EMBA's are for people who has >10 yrs of experience.

I would like to go for Campus program and pursue my MBA and not willing for part time MBA.

Can you suggest B-schools with 1 yr EMBA program in US / Europe so that i can plan my prep accordingly?

Thanks,
Prab
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2325

Kudos [?]: 9451 [0], given: 3701

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 7 years into IT and looking for Executive MBA. [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 14:14
Expert's post
It really depends. I am not aware of any 1-year EMBA programs. Usually they imply a full time job and span around 2-3 years.

There are 1 year programs and that's here: one-year-mba-programs-directory-1-year-mba-139929.html

There is also the Stanford Sloan program that is an intensive 1-year program for execs

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-10-2013
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: 7 years into IT and looking for Executive MBA. [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 15:23
Hi BB,
Yes i mean 1 year MBA programs. I read that EMBA's courses are typically over weekend and they span across 2 yeras.
The link you gave is really helpful and would go through each college and will find out the median GMAT score.

BTW do you know which ones are the best for MBA-IT?
I know i am asking too much but any guidance would be appreciated .

Thanks,
Prab
Expert Post
Admission Consultant
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 18

Re: 7 years into IT and looking for Executive MBA. [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 22:23
Expert's post
Hi Prab,

The 1 year MBA programs mentioned on the link by BB are pretty much the best 1-yr programs out there. You may also want to consider the fast track option of the Tepper MBA, which you can complete in 16 months, by forgoing the internship and doing your electives during the summer- however this option is best suited if you are not seeking a career change. Tepper would be a good fit for your IT+business career aspirations. They have a Technology Leadership MBA track that may interest you.

The Sloan MBA program i smore suited for people with more work exp - 10+ years.

Hope that helps.

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Re: 7 years into IT and looking for Executive MBA.   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2012, 22:23