Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey Eagles,

Congratulations on your "beautiful" score....

nice post too....you are absolutely right about the Kaplan Tests...atleast one should never take them right before the G day...it destroys your moral....i don't know what Kaplan is trying to prove by making those tests far tougher than the actual thing...a little bit tough is okay...but this tough and you score and hence moral goes south....

best of luck for all your future endaevors..

cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 701 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations, Eagles04! All the best for your application.

Cheers
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations!!! [#permalink]
Hey Eagles,

Congratulations buddy! Now you must be on for app. process. Good luck.

Can you please tell me where can I see good perm/combo type of questions? I mean, which guide is better? Any other questions that you remember from specific areas, please let us know.

Cheers,
Vivek
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Per Combo Problems [#permalink]
The princeton review class spent some time on Combo Perm problems. They also devote a section of the manual that we got with the class to combo perm problems. The manual also had a page of problems dealing with combo perm. The thing I like best about the PR was the way that they built up the concept. For example they teach how to do the combo problems when order matters and order doesn't. One you divide and one you don't. They also tie this in with concepts of probability which you should have a good handle on by the time they teach combo perm. They then had some multi step combo and perma problems utilizing prob, order matter, and order doesn't matter. PR also had problems included on thier online drills that were pretty good.

My honest advice on combo perm is that it is a fairly advanced concept and you really are not going to get nailed with a multi step combo problem unless you were on target to get a super Q score. My strenth was verbal V 42 96% so I went into the GMAT knowing I could handle a hard to medium hard combo perm and most likely would be able to make an educated guess on the most difficult questions. For me it served better to focus on concepts that would get me through the medium to medium hard questions. Hard math questions for me were gravy if I got them right.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good combo perm [#permalink]
This is a good one from the PR. . .

Out of seven models, all of different heights five will be chosen for a photo. If the five models stand in line from the shortest to tallest the fourth tallest and sixth tallest cannot be adjacent how many different arrangements for the five models are possible.
GMAT Club Bot
Good combo perm [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts