Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 04:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

700+ GMAT, 2.8 GPA, Female Age 30/31. Too old for FT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

700+ GMAT, 2.8 GPA, Female Age 30/31. Too old for FT? [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 13:50
GMAT score of 700+, an undergrad GPA of 2.8 (downward trend) from a top 10 engineering school, Gender - female from India. I will be 31 soon. Am I considered too old?
I have steady promotions in the same line of work. I work as an engineer in California.

I graduated at 21 and I am 30 today. I have a total of 9 years of experience. Considering I have several years of work experience, am I at a disadvantage for a full-time MBA?

Post-MBA, I want to stay in tech. I want to do Business Development or Strategy in tech companies such as Google, Apple etc.

Target schools - Duke, Ross, INSEAD, LSB, UCLA, Tuck
Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: 700+ GMAT, 2.8 GPA, Female Age 30/31. Too old for FT? [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 18:48
monikajudd wrote:
GMAT score of 700+, an undergrad GPA of 2.8 (downward trend) from a top 10 engineering school, Gender - female from India. I will be 31 soon. Am I considered too old?
I have steady promotions in the same line of work. I work as an engineer in California.

I graduated at 21 and I am 30 today. I have a total of 9 years of experience. Considering I have several years of work experience, am I at a disadvantage for a full-time MBA?

Post-MBA, I want to stay in tech. I want to do Business Development or Strategy in tech companies such as Google, Apple etc.

Absolutely not. Cheetarah1980 made it to Booth last year at 30+ ( http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com/ ) and mbaover30 killed application season this year and is headed to Wharton ( http://mbaover30.com/ ).

Read their blogs, the both talk extensively about getting a MBA at above average age. The short and sweet of it, though, is that it is definitely possible. You have a good GMAT, and great work experience. Focus on telling your story in a coherent manner and expressing your goals clearly.

Good luck!

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 6

Re: 700+ GMAT, 2.8 GPA, Female Age 30/31. Too old for FT? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 02:03
Hi Monika,

You have a decent GMAT score and an avg. GPA. You can write lot about achievements at work place in application essays and demonstrate leadership traits, maturity, professionalism and other aptitudes during final interviews. You can try your chances in b-school by clicking http://goo.gl/em5DX

Regarding your eligibility, the best point of contact would be MBA admission office. You must write to them and ask your specific concerns regarding eligibility criteria. You can target schools like: INSEAD, IMD, IE-Spain, St. Gallen-HSG, etc.

Feel free to post any other queries you might have. You can also PM your number to have a detail discussion on your profile and selection of b-schools.

Cheers!!
Neha

monikajudd wrote:

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: 700+ GMAT, 2.8 GPA, Female Age 30/31. Too old for FT?   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2013, 02:03