I took the GMAT yesterday and scored a 700(Q50,V34).
I had prepared for approx. 2 months and had done the following during my preps -
1. OG -11 - Did this book thrice(only the verbal section as I found quant too easy so I attempted the quant section only once)
2. Kaplan 800
- Did this book once. And noted the important points.
3. Manhattan SC - Did this book twice during preps and once before the exam for revision.
4. Spidey's notes - verbal.
5. GMAT prepGMAT Prep scores
GMAT Prep-1- 660
GMAT Prep-2(re-take)- 700 (Q51,V32)
GMAT Prep-1- 710 (Q51,V34)
GMAT Prep-2(re-take)- 710 (Q50,V36)
GMAT Prep-1(re-take after installing the software again - 3 days before the real exam) - 740 (Q51,V40)
I started doing 1000 SCs and RCs, but could do about 30 questions each (lack of time, lot of work at office,etc - reasons that don't matter).
About the experience on the D-day
- I finished the quant section 10 mins before time.- I found the questions harder than any of the GMAT sources i had studied from. The last question was pretty easy so I thought I had missed the 51 bus.
- I finished the Verbal section dot on time. I had exactly 1 min 30 secs left for my last question, which was an SC (and an easier one - thanks to my verbal scores).
I was targetting the top 10 b-schools...but again thanks to my performance, i believe GMAT won't give me the edge.Please help/suggest me whether I should take the exam again ? Also, how do I find out what universities I can get at this score.
About my profile - I have 2.5 yrs of work experience. Good Academics.
No extra curriculars to boast abt. - have not really done much on this front...