Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

700.. Should I give it again?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

700.. Should I give it again? [#permalink] New post 24 May 2007, 20:50
Hi,
I gave GMAT today and got 700, V35, Q49.
I am not sure if I should be happy with this or should I go for another attempt.

BTW, I am Ambar, from India, 5 yrs IT work ex, with 3 yrs work ex in US. I am opting for 1 year MBA in India and European Inst like INSEAD and et al.
I checked the sites and found that the average of all European Inst is around 680-690, so the score is good for that. But looking into the Indian colleges, average of ISB is 705 and IIM A 695.
HAd my score be aroud 680, I would have definitly considered for a re-take but with 700 in hand, do I still need to go for another one?

BTW, I have a big collection of notes, which I prepared during examination and will upload in a while.

Ambar
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 May 2007, 22:48
That's easy to answer.... NO !!

If you take GMAT again (Even after scoring 700), then you are certainly overestimating the value of GMAT.

The application process is not too far, and like every other Indian, you may underestimate the value of and time required in the essay/recommendation/interview process. As far as I have understood (And I am obviously no expert here), Indians get rejected from top programs for reasons other than GMAT (As long as they are above 700). So focus on those areas.

Last edited by mNeo on 25 May 2007, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 May 2007, 00:51
if you strongly believe you can score better given your time schedule, then you may consider to retake it. Esp that you are from a competitive applicant pool
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 May 2007, 04:52
If you think you can improve the score by at least 30 points, then you should go for it otherwise 700 is good enough score.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 May 2007, 08:03
vshaunak@gmail.com wrote:
If you think you can improve the score by at least 30 points, then you should go for it otherwise 700 is good enough score.

I agree unless you can gain at least 30+ points its pointless to take it again.

A 700 puts you right around the average at basically every school there is, though Indians generally have some of the higher scores. You are better off putting the effort you would put into studying into your applications.
  [#permalink] 25 May 2007, 08:03