Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 560 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V25
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V34
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 32

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 13:53
Arundas,

Can you also list books/question bank you used for practicing one each section? I've exhausted OG 12 questions while studying MGMAT books. I still feel I need more practice.

Thanks

"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"--Henry Ford
680 Debrief
600 Debrief
590 Debrief
My GMAT Journey

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 35

Premium Member
Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 17:42
arundas wrote:
shovitdhar wrote:
Hey arundas,
Congrats on such a fantastic score! I'd love to have your score.By the way,any specific reason why did you take the GMAT again when you already had a 710 on the GMAT and by now you'd obviously would have a good amount of work-experience ?

Primarily, it is a 4 years old score and unfortunately I am in the Indian IT Male bracket and in general the average for this category is quite high. Secondly I somehow felt looking at the score's of my friends that I could definitely hit 750. I missed though but 30 points increase was also good for me.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you would like to know more about my reasoning.

cheers
Arun

I must appreciate your determination. People usually would not want to study again after getting a 710.
By the way, which all schools are you applying to?
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 4 years Software Product Development
WE 2: 3 years ERP Consulting
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 15

Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2010, 15:10
shovitdhar wrote:
arundas wrote:
shovitdhar wrote:
Hey arundas,
Congrats on such a fantastic score! I'd love to have your score.By the way,any specific reason why did you take the GMAT again when you already had a 710 on the GMAT and by now you'd obviously would have a good amount of work-experience ?

Primarily, it is a 4 years old score and unfortunately I am in the Indian IT Male bracket and in general the average for this category is quite high. Secondly I somehow felt looking at the score's of my friends that I could definitely hit 750. I missed though but 30 points increase was also good for me.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you would like to know more about my reasoning.

cheers
Arun

I must appreciate your determination. People usually would not want to study again after getting a 710.
By the way, which all schools are you applying to?

Thats the million dollar question. I was aiming for ISB for this year but have not been able to put a word on the essays for past 10 days and the deadline is approaching fast. The more I think the more confused I get. With 7+ years of experience I am torn between whether to apply to a 2 year MBA program or not. This has brought in a new dimension all together of European Schools :). So as of now the list if wide open.

-AD

Manager
Manager

Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2010, 15:12
rg1 wrote:
Arundas,

Can you also list books/question bank you used for practicing one each section? I've exhausted OG 12 questions while studying MGMAT books. I still feel I need more practice.

Thanks

I have given a detailed list of books/material I used for my prep on the first post in the thread. Let me know if you are looking for something more specific.

Now my additional 2 cents. The most important thing the key factor which would impact your score would be your stamina and concentration level. So make sure that you work on that front.

-AD

Manager
Manager

Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2010, 15:12
I just checked my AWA score. I got a 5.5. Thanks to ChinesBurned....

-AD

Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 35

Premium Member
Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 00:46
arundas wrote:
Thats the million dollar question. I was aiming for ISB for this year but have not been able to put a word on the essays for past 10 days and the deadline is approaching fast. The more I think the more confused I get. With 7+ years of experience I am torn between whether to apply to a 2 year MBA program or not. This has brought in a new dimension all together of European Schools :). So as of now the list if wide open.

You are right! With that kind of experience, European business schools seem to make more sense for you. In fact, I think that INSEAD and IMD would be wonderful options for you. Your profile exactly fits into the kind of profiles people at these schools have.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 23:33
Hey Great Score..
Your story is strikingly similar to mine.
I wrote GMAT 2 days ago, scored 740 and guess what, I gave GMAT 4 years ago as well and had scored 710 then.
What schools are you targeting? Also, are you applying this year or next year R1?
Manager
Manager

Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 23:44
prjain wrote:
Hey Great Score..
I wrote GMAT 2 days ago, scored 740 and guess what, I gave GMAT 4 years ago as well and had scored 710 then.
What schools are you targeting? Also, are you applying this year or next year R1?

Seriously!!! I dont believe this. Were you born in December by any chance..Just kidding...

I have been debating this all along and with each day round#2 deadlines nearing my confusion levels are rising. As of now I am hoping to apply to round#2 to US schools but looking at the ground work that goes into building a strong case for a good school I am not sure if I will apply.

I think we should chat :). Let me know if you are interested.

And before I forget, Congratulations on the great score...

Thanks
Arun

-AD

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 00:47
arundas wrote:
prjain wrote:
Hey Great Score..

Seriously!!! I dont believe this. Were you born in December by any chance..Just kidding...

I have been debating this all along and with each day round#2 deadlines nearing my confusion levels are rising. As of now I am hoping to apply to round#2 to US schools but looking at the ground work that goes into building a strong case for a good school I am not sure if I will apply.

I think we should chat :). Let me know if you are interested.

And before I forget, Congratulations on the great score...

Thanks
Arun

Ha ha.. Another coincidence - Oracle Apps :-D
Where are you located these days? We should definitely chat up.
Congratulations to you too !!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 3

Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 23:46
I just joined the gmatclub community. Wanted to congratulate you for such a fantastic score. :)
Manager
Manager

Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2010, 00:02
foofighter5 wrote:
I just joined the gmatclub community. Wanted to congratulate you for such a fantastic score. :)

Thanks

-AD

Manager
Manager

Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2011, 08:58
hareehai wrote:
congrats dude

Thanks hareehai. ATB

-AD

Re: 710 4 years back to 740 today- Thanks a lot GMATClub   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2011, 08:58