Joined: 09 Jul 2011
, given: 0
710-F-consulting-3 + years work ex [#permalink]
10 Jul 2011, 01:42
Could you please look at my profile and give your opinion about the b schools I should be targeting this fall and my approach toward the essays. I was really impressed by your detailed and insightful advice to other candidates on gmatclub.
• Nationality: Indian
• Gender: Female
• Age: 25 years
• GMAT Score:710 (quant 49,verbal 36,awa 5.5)
• Qualification: Engineer from Pune University
• Graduation percentage: 71% (topper scored:78%)
• Worked as a Software engineer for 2 years in a global IT firm, client service to big banking giants
• Did my SAP Germany certification in Sales and Distribution
• Currently with a big4 for over a year as a Consultant. My work involves interacting with the top management of the Client Company and mapping and streamlining their business process, creating business blue print and designing MIS reports which help them forecast sales and improve strategy . This experience has given me a sound foundation about the operational aspects of business.
• In all, I will have 4 years of work ex by fall 2012
• Jt Secretary of my IEEE student chapter in College
• Headed organization committee for our yearly college fest
• Participated in national level trekking competition "ENDURO"
• Was an integral part of the editorial team of college magazine
• Won first prize in inter DC marathon completion in company
• Worked for SOS village as teacher and mentor for school children
• Currently a part of AID India(an NGO) where I am heading many women empowerment projects.
Post Mba goal:
• Remain in consulting but switch function from technology to strategy and operations and take up more senior roles in a consulting firm
• Eventually start my own venture
My b school list:
1. Strech: Kellog,Wharton,MIT
2. Sweet spot: DUKE,Booth,Yale,Haas
3. Good chance: Cornell,Tepper,Oxford,Cambridge
Please give me your opinion about my choice of b schools and probably suggest a few other b schools I should apply to alongside the ones mentioned by me. Also since I don’t have international experience should I apply to the UK b schools? I have worked with a few international clients though. How can I approach my essays to these b schools