Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 21:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

710 first try - going for 750+ end of this month

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

710 first try - going for 750+ end of this month [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2007, 15:40
I got a 710 (5.5 AWA) on my first try back in May 06. While this was a respectable score, I feel that it is not an accurate depiction of my Gmat abilities for these reasons:
1) I didn't feel so good physically, maybe psychosomatic.
2) I drank an energy drink during the 1st break that I was completely not used to. I couldn't think after that.
3) The scratch pad really messed me up.
4) I put too much effort into the AWA.

I felt that the above 4 factors cost me at least 20 pts. In addition to addressing these (bought a scratch pad), I've put in additional studying. I am thinking about purchasing the Challenges as well.

I really appreciate the existence of Gmatclub. It's too bad I didn't use it before my first attempt. I want to urge everyone to keep up the great work, and I will give you an update when I get my second score!

Will
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2007, 16:56
If it is enough for your target school, it is a waste of effort for you to improve on this score again. And you'll take the risk of even scoring the same or less, making it look not very good.

You should consider spending the effort and money elsewhere.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2007, 01:09
What is your target school? Is a higher GMAT really necessary or you're going through with it again just to see that you can get a higher score?

The next time might be just the same, or even worse. But, if you're sure about this, then I wish all the best...
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2007, 06:18
tennis_ball wrote:
If it is enough for your target school, it is a waste of effort for you to improve on this score again. And you'll take the risk of even scoring the same or less, making it look not very good.

You should consider spending the effort and money elsewhere.

710 is within range for any school.

I think, who knows I may change my mind later, I will retake the GMAT sometime next spring/summer (after bschool app process). I will give myself about a month to prepare and aim for 760+, for employment purposes.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2007, 11:26
tennis_ball wrote:
And you'll take the risk of even scoring the same or less, making it look not very good.

I know the risks, but I still took them:
http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=42852

This is encouragement for all those who want to do it for either self satisfaction and/or employment purposes.
  [#permalink] 05 Mar 2007, 11:26