Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Oct 2014, 23:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

710 - How good is it???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

710 - How good is it??? [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 06:26
Hey,
I recently gave my GMAT and scored 710 (Q50 V36). I am going to apply for the Masters in Management Program (MiM) at universities such as -
HEC Paris
ESCP Europe
London Business School
Cass Business School and few more.

I want to know if my score is good enough for these universities. Also, my score in the Integrated Reasoning Section is horrible.

Will it help if I retake the GMAT? This was my first time.

Abhijeet
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 701

Kudos [?]: 3109 [0], given: 894

Re: 710 - How good is it??? [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 08:01
Expert's post
AbhijeetGupta wrote:
Hey,
I recently gave my GMAT and scored 710 (Q50 V36). I am going to apply for the Masters in Management Program (MiM) at universities such as -
HEC Paris
ESCP Europe
London Business School

I want to know if my score is good enough for these universities. Also, my score in the Integrated Reasoning Section is horrible.

Abhijeet

Except for LBS, your GMAT score is well above the average of the class for the MBA programs for these schools.
I am not sure about the IR score, but I think you will be fine with that score for the schools you have listed.

However, if you have time and if you think you have room for improvement you may wish to retake it. I know a moderator on the forum who scored 770 from the initial score of 720. Worked great for him! I have also come to see people who had ditto scores. Its a risk that some people are willing to take. However, in your case your target programs do not have a 710+ GMAT score. So I think you should focus on the other aspects of your application. It would be interesting to know when the application starts and when you will apply!

Souvik

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern

Re: 710 - How good is it??? [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2013, 10:30
Hey Souvik,
Thank you so much for your quick reply.
However, as I mentioned in the first post, I am applying to only the Masters in Management Program of these schools and not the MBA program. I am still a final year engineering student with only an experience of a 2 month Internship at Axis Bank. The application to some of these programs have already started and I am going to start applying as soon as I am done with my TOEFL that is on the 5th Oct (provided if I do not go for a retake).

I would really appreciate if you could throw some light on the MiM GMAT requirements of the schools I mentioned.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1161

Kudos [?]: 5435 [0], given: 165

Re: 710 - How good is it??? [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 20:45
Expert's post
AbhijeetGupta wrote:
Hey,
HEC Paris
ESCP Europe
London Business School

Abhijeet

Anything above 700 is good enough for the MiM programs of these schools. Whether you want to retake depends on your ambition now. If you want to leave nothing to chance, you can aim for 760+ and at least an average IR score. If your app is brilliant, a 770 will give you a slight edge among people with brilliant apps. If your app is not-so-good a 770 will not help much. So retake will have value add only if it complements a great app.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Re: 710 - How good is it??? [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2013, 05:11
I do not have a very great application nor do I have much time. Is IR important for these programs?? And what can I do to make my application look strong enough?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1161

Kudos [?]: 5435 [1] , given: 165

Re: 710 - How good is it??? [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2013, 18:30
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
AbhijeetGupta wrote:
I do not have a very great application nor do I have much time. Is IR important for these programs?? And what can I do to make my application look strong enough?

IR scores are relatively new but their importance will increase in the future. Here is a post on the importance of IR scores: http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/07 ... reasoning/
As of now, a low IR score may not have a huge impact on your app but a great IR score will certainly be noticed.

Whether you have a great application or not will be decided by how you write your essays. Here are some articles which give you tips on how to create a brilliant application:

http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/02 ... 2013-2014/

http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/07 ... 2013-2014/

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: 710 - How good is it???   [#permalink] 04 Oct 2013, 18:30