Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 19:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

710 in GMAT- Need your Expert Advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

710 in GMAT- Need your Expert Advice [#permalink] New post 08 May 2005, 10:08
Hi

Recently I took my GMAT and I was able to secure 710(Q49, V38). I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank all the members of the GMAT club especially Paul, Hong Hu, Gayathri, Nocillis, Praetorian,Ywilfred and Praveen Rao.

BackGround

I am a 32 year Old Software professional from India with Close to 10 years of work experience. My experience spans across various industries (Manufacturing, Electronics, Finance) and geographies( EMEA, North America)

Currently I am consulting for one the largest Computer manufacturing companies headquartered in the Sanfrancisco Bay Area. I have been leading teams of developers and doing Project Management for the last 6 years

Extra curricular

I am actively involved with a non profit organization that concentrates on provding education to under prvileged children in India

I have also represented/organized various inter collegiate cultural/sports events in my college.

Concerns

I hold a Engineering Degree in Instrumentation and my academic record is very mediocre

Based on the information I have gathered from this forum I have enrolled in a couple of Finance/Accounting related courses in UC Berkley extention to strengthen my Application

Objective

Considering the oppurtunity costs , I have decided to apply for Part time / Executive MBA programs only ( Geography is not a barrier, I can move if the school is in a Metro like LA or Chicago or NY)

Currently I have identified the following Programs that I am interested in

HAAS ( UC Berkeley)
Wharton West San Francisco (Executive MBA)
Kellogs ( Evening MBA)
University Of Chicago - GSB (Evening MBA)
Stern- NYU (Evening Program)
Anderson - UCLA - (Evening Program)

Questions

What are my realistic chances of getting admission in the school mentioned above.

What can I do to strengthen my application

Are there any other Part time prgrams that I Can apply to

Please Advise

Best Regards
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: 710 in GMAT- Need your Expert Advice [#permalink] New post 09 May 2005, 15:25
Expert's post
samurai2206 wrote:
Hi

Recently I took my GMAT and I was able to secure 710(Q49, V38). I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank all the members of the GMAT club especially Paul, Hong Hu, Gayathri, Nocillis, Praetorian,Ywilfred and Praveen Rao.

BackGround

I am a 32 year Old Software professional from India with Close to 10 years of work experience. My experience spans across various industries (Manufacturing, Electronics, Finance) and geographies( EMEA, North America)

Currently I am consulting for one the largest Computer manufacturing companies headquartered in the Sanfrancisco Bay Area. I have been leading teams of developers and doing Project Management for the last 6 years

Extra curricular

I am actively involved with a non profit organization that concentrates on provding education to under prvileged children in India

I have also represented/organized various inter collegiate cultural/sports events in my college.

Concerns

I hold a Engineering Degree in Instrumentation and my academic record is very mediocre

Based on the information I have gathered from this forum I have enrolled in a couple of Finance/Accounting related courses in UC Berkley extention to strengthen my Application

Objective

Considering the oppurtunity costs , I have decided to apply for Part time / Executive MBA programs only ( Geography is not a barrier, I can move if the school is in a Metro like LA or Chicago or NY)

Currently I have identified the following Programs that I am interested in

HAAS ( UC Berkeley)
Wharton West San Francisco (Executive MBA)
Kellogs ( Evening MBA)
University Of Chicago - GSB (Evening MBA)
Stern- NYU (Evening Program)
Anderson - UCLA - (Evening Program)

Questions

What are my realistic chances of getting admission in the school mentioned above.

What can I do to strengthen my application

Are there any other Part time prgrams that I Can apply to

Please Advise

Best Regards

You have chosen your schools well. Taking the classes was a good idea. With good essays, recs, and interviews, your chances in the part-time programs you listed are excellent. The EMBA programs tend to prefer candidates with a little more experience than you have, but acceptance isn't impossible.

What you can do:
* REsearch (and visit) the schools so you will be better able to articulate why you want to attend them.
* Try to assume leadership roles in the organization helping Indian children.

Good luck![/list]

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 09 May 2005, 17:06
Samurai2206

I looked at the UC Berkely Extension Program and I see that they have several options such as credit, non-credit, certificate programs...etc...Have you been advised on which to take? I am interested to know ...Thanks
OACM
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 10 May 2005, 10:06
Hi Linda ,
Thank you very much for taking the time and addressing my concerns. I feel a lot better about my choices after reading your recommendations

Hi OACM
I spoke to a person from the admissions office and she asked me to look at the courses offered under "MBA Foundation Concentration". The courses under this concentration are designed for people who want to strengthen their MBA application and also for people with noo prior business experience. Based on the selections you make and the University you choose to pursue, you can waive some of the required courses when you join MBA

I also requested a couple of my friends ,who are MBA students ,to validate the courses offered by UC Berkeley Extsn.They felt that the content of some of the courses (e.g Introduction to Finance) was good

Hope this helps

Good luck with your apps

Best Regards