Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: London Business School (LBS) - Class of 2002
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 4
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: 710 (q44,v42) GMAT for Insead and LBS [#permalink]
Hi,

You have a good profile and your experiences are also impressive. You have a good chance of getting an admit. However it all depends on how you write your essays and explain your profile to the ADCOM.

I think good essays should definitely help you get through. Guess this will help https://goo.gl/eqhSk3

Cheers!!

Neha

franciscovazgarcia wrote:
Hi,

I would like to have your opinion on my profile and gmat score to apply for an MBA at Insead or at London Business School.

I am a 25 years old management consultant for a top firm in Europe and Americas with 3 years of experience, which is a good time to start applying by this industry standards.

I am Portuguese but worked for the Madrid office and now for the Sao Paulo office, I had projects in Spain, Portugal and Brazil). I studied one year abroad and went to Mozambique for 5 months for volunteering in a microcredit program after my graduation. I studied Economics with good grades on math and have a master of science in management.

I got a 710 gmat (q44,v42) last month in my first attempt, do you think it is enough for the schools I'm targeting?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Francisco
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi Francisco,

You're definitely right - this is the perfect time to start thinking about an MBA. After 3 - 4 years in consulting, the right next step can take a few different forms but an MBA is definitely one of the more appealing ones! You have a strong professional footprint so let's talk about your GMAT question.

Let me answer your question with a series of potential scenarios. That way, you can figure out which one you fall into. If you'd like to share more info or have any other questions, I'm happy to help!

Scenario 1 - Stellar GPA, 710: this gives you a strong academic component. If you went to a prestige institution, that helps even more. Overall, this tips the scales slightly in your favor.

Scenario 2 - Ok GPA, 710: Essentially, this washes out your academic profile. It won't hold you back, but it won't help you either. Balanced.

Scenario 3 - Poor GPA, 710: The 710 helps offset the poor GPA but overall, it doesn't wipe the slate clean. This leaves you with a slight negative tilt.

So I'm not sure where you stand in there. I think if you're looking to apply in R1/early next year, you should definitely retake the GMAT. Not because you absolutely have to, but because it might really help make your academic profile a differentiator. Remember, rankings are at stake here so if you can get a 740, why not give it a shot?

But once again, it's not a need. A 710 puts you in play and at the median range for both of those programs!

Bhavik
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Dear Bhavik,

Thank you very much for your answer. I think I fit more on the second scenario.

Actually I am planning to submit my application by mid march and I am very busy until then making the hypothesis of retaking the GMAT vary unprovable. I'll consider it if I do not get accepted.

Thanks again and regards,

Francisco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Sounds great and you're quite welcome. Good luck and let us know if you have any questions and how things go!

Bhavik
GMAT Club Bot