Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 23:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

710 (Q49, V38)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 May 2006, 15:49
Vivek, congrats! I've been waiting to see your post even though I didn't know when you were taking the test! I'm so happy for you!!! :-D :-D

I knew you were gonna crack the GMAT like an egg! Do stick around because your posts are so valuable! :-D :-D

Don't be afraid to take a flying leap of faith.. If you risk nothing, than you gain nothing...

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 May 2006, 20:41
Hey Vivek,

Congrats Dude.
:musband :band

I am really happy for you. You have been a great buddy for the last few months. Thanks for all your help! :beer

Ur SC skills can only be matched by the best of GMATClub members. Keep visiting the forums.. Wish you good luck for your apps!

And do party and enjoy :drunk

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."

- Bernard Edmonds

Last edited by giddi77 on 04 May 2006, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 May 2006, 21:38
vivek, congrats good score,

btw please share RC tips!
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2006, 06:26
Damn straight, you nailed it brother V. 710 is good enough to get you into any school you choose, plus it`s a respectable accomplishment for someone who has balanced work and a family. Please stick around like Paul and help retards like myself.

Congratulations !! You put in the time and got the score you deserve.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2006, 07:30
I am late..

but congratulations... Vivek... Wohooo.. I was sure you were going to cross that 700 mark and you did it.. .. one less thing to worry about!!

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2006, 08:38
>12 hours work, family and still has energy to hit the nail :) Great job dude.
Hope the business idea will take shape and you will succeed. Have a great time and keep in touch.

Bye
SVP
SVP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2006, 08:43
WOW!
Buddy you did it!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D I'm sorry for being late to congratulate you since I've JUST got back from an onerous trip. I'm really very happy for you, buddy!!!!! ^.^ ..hik, so tired that i don't know what else to type but for sure i'll congratulate you in personal :wink:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 May 2006, 12:21
Congratulations man. As one of the most active and offering members here, I am sure you will get your wishes granted.
Best of luck with the next part of your quest.
Goreg
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 May 2006, 09:59
congraturation!!
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 May 2006, 20:06
Thank you all :)
It's so nice to see you all wishing me! Thank you again!

I'm proud to be a GMATClubber, which has taught me so much. I'll be definitely around, I'll be happy if I can be of any help for anybody.

Friends,
I'll post the RC tips, as a separate post with Nandan. I'm traveling now & will be back in a day!

Cheers,
Vivek :beer
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 May 2006, 20:47
Riuscita wrote:
Also, upon registering, two GMATPrep exams are available for download, right?. How come you have taken 4 GMATPrep exams?? Did you reset the results to take them again??

Thanks

Riuscita,
Yes, there are actually 2 tests avaiable :), but you can reset & restart the tests, it gives different questions. Somehow, for my 4th test (2nd test reset) it gave me many same questions. Also, you can uninstall GMATPrep & try, I heard it gives totally different questions. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 07 May 2006, 22:08
vivek123 wrote:
Riuscita,
Yes, there are actually 2 tests avaiable :), but you can reset & restart the tests, it gives different questions. Somehow, for my 4th test (2nd test reset) it gave me many same questions. Also, you can uninstall GMATPrep & try, I heard it gives totally different questions. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Vivek. Good luck with your apps.
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 May 2006, 06:19
Great !!! Good luck with ur applications... :cool

If your mind can conceive it and your heart can believe it, have faith that you can achieve it.

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 May 2006, 06:44
Congratulation. !! Outstanding work!!!

GMAT the final frontie!!!.

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 May 2006, 09:52
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 May 2006, 10:56
Sorry for late response, Vivek. Want to congratulate you on GREAT score. Everyone knew you will do it. Its always nice to see active members reach their score goal.

My best wishes to you for apps and future. Hit me pm anytime you need to discuss something.

duttsit

Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right! - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 10 May 2006, 12:19
Hi Vivek,

Couple questions on the Quant section

How many Coordinate geometry , Number theory and Acid Solution probs dis you see?

What was the difficulty level?? I am very weak in these areas and dont seem to be improving. Any advice on how to go about it.

Thank you
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 May 2006, 18:41
duttsit wrote:
Sorry for late response, Vivek. Want to congratulate you on GREAT score. Everyone knew you will do it. Its always nice to see active members reach their score goal.

My best wishes to you for apps and future. Hit me pm anytime you need to discuss something.

duttsit

Hey duttsit,
I was wondering about your co-ordinates ;) Thanks a lot buddy, good wishes of buddies like you all were always there with me :)

I'll surely start mailing you regarding next steps, I just joined a new job & getting used to it ;)

Thanks again :-D
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 May 2006, 18:56
Riuscita wrote:
Hi Vivek,

Couple questions on the Quant section

How many Coordinate geometry , Number theory and Acid Solution probs dis you see?

What was the difficulty level?? I am very weak in these areas and dont seem to be improving. Any advice on how to go about it.

Thank you

Hi Riuscita,

I got only one question on co-ordinate geometry, pretty common one on slope of lines, it was a DS. I think it hit in the beginning itself, somewhere around 5th or 6th question. I got nothing on mixture but quite a few on number theory. Prime numbers, prime factors, GCDs, absolute values, addition of fractions, squares/cubes. Some problems were on algebra.

I suggest you not to ignore number theory problems, practice as many as you can, these problems are the easiest. Just grab a copy of 8th, 9th & 10th standard (Indian high-school if you are from India or have access to Indian books) books, they have fantastic basics which is just more than sufficient for GMAT. I'm sure similar books should be available in the US too for the high-school. Also, lot of help is available on the internet. Moreover, you can always feel free to post your doubts on our forum :)

I suggest a road-map: Start with basics of number system, co-ordinate geometry etc. Solve many very simple problems which are simpler than those appear in GMAT, then solve problems posted by members on our forum (try to explain when you solve), try to get access to GMAT Club challenges they will make you feel very comfortable :) Solve as many problems as you can everyday.

Remember one thing, If you fear or dislike something, face it again & again, force yourself to face it, you will get used it :) & the fear will automatically vanish or you will start loving that thing :-D
I did this for RCs.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 May 2006, 08:32
Hi Vivek,

Congrats on your score.

In your test preparation, you mention that you gave 4 GMATPrep tests and although there was repitition on the 4th, does that mean that we can get 3 distinct tests out of GMATPrep software unlike the 2 that GMAC promises?

Anyone else tried to squeeze 3 tests out of that software? :-D
  [#permalink] 11 May 2006, 08:32