Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 19:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

710 - Q49, V38

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

710 - Q49, V38 [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2008, 02:20
First of all, kudos to the admins of this site; without them, there simply wouldn't be a GMAT Club.

Secondly, a wholehearted thank you to those who answered my questions; I couldn't have pulled this off without your kind assistance.

Lastly, a big thank you to all the people who have gotten their 700+ scores yet still come back and contribute to the discussions.

Now, my analysis of this whole ordeal...

Personally, I was disappointed by this score. I really wanted a 750 and I had gotten it a few times on the prep CAT's. One mistake I made on the exam was time management, and this occurred not once, but twice! I had written down the grid with the number of questions corresponding to the time required (2min for Q and 1.8min for V) before the exam, and I was ahead for half of the questions on both sections. Then the harder questions came and I can remember with remarkable accuracy the exact questions and steps that cost me way too much time. In short, I had to rush through the last four Q questions with three minutes and the last three V questions with 1.47 (this number will stay with me for at least a few weeks) minutes...
This was after 16 prac CAT's, and all I want to say is, knowing the concept of losing a battle to win a war is slightly different than heeding to that advice under pressure. =)

For those of you near the end of preparation, I'd just like to point out a few things from my personal experience:
1. The Q section from the MGMAT CAT's really prepared me well for the real thing (I REALLY should have gotten a 50 or better... T_T).
2. The V section from the GMATPrep CAT's suffice as the final test to gauge your readiness for the verbal section (I was aiming for 40+, but fell short).
3. Some of the posts here are invaluable, especially the stickies.
4. You'll know when you are ready, don't rush. =)

I think I'll start my applications and if I don't get into the schools I want, I'll retake the GMAT and shoot for the moon. =D

On an side note, I'm still trying to gather information on what schools offer the best International Business programs in the country. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

K

Last edited by konclen on 25 Aug 2008, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: 710 - Q49, V38 [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2008, 06:53
Konclen,
Congratulation on your very good score. You are now into 700 club and this score is good enough to apply for all top schools.
Good luck for the application and essay

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 710 - Q49, V38 [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2008, 07:35
To me 49,39 combo seems that it should translate more than 710! Congratulations!. I know Wharton and Columbia are famous for their global mba program...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

Re: 710 - Q49, V38 [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2009, 05:27
congrats...
Re: 710 - Q49, V38   [#permalink] 01 Jan 2009, 05:27