Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 10:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

720 - Add me to the database pls.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

720 - Add me to the database pls. [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2005, 20:21
Hey everyone.

Sorry I don't post here much, but I definitely used this site as a resource. I'd just like to be added to the score estimator database, so that others can try to judge their scores based on my prep results.

I got 680 on kaplan, and a 740 on the powerprep, but only after studying OG for about 4 weeks. Also I got 12 questions wrong on challenge 25 and 11 questions wrong on challenge 24.

I studied pretty steadily, doing 50 to 100 questions a day for a month with occasional breaks. In the last week of preparation, I started using gmatclub.com resources more frequently. I got the combination questions down solidly only after reading the site's guide.

I got a 720 today and am quite happy with my score. Just a bit of background about myself - I'm an undergrad business major (will be a junior in the fall) at the University of Michigan B-school. I'm applying to Michigan's Master of Accounting program, which requires GMAT obviously. The average for the class of 2005 was a 654, so I should cut it as long as I don't f up on my essays and stuff.

If I had to give any tips, I'd say try to study smart, not just plowing through the questions. Isolate each kind of question for math: combinations, sets, inequalities, fractions. Try to determine where your weak points are by doing at least 10 questions on each topic. Don't be afraid to pick up an old math textbook to get all that rusty knowledge up to date.

Well, that's that. Good luck to all those taking the GMAT soon.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2005, 22:26
congratulations...me got the same score on Monday....;)
  [#permalink] 09 Aug 2005, 22:26