Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 06:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

720 in gmat prep 690 in GMAT...now what??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

CAT Tests
720 in gmat prep 690 in GMAT...now what?? [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2014, 06:01
Hi!!
I started my GMAT preparation in March this year. Scored 660,720,730,720 in all my GMAT prep mocks. Today I sat for the real test and ended up with a score of 690(q49, v34). Verbal was my strength. I had scored 39 to 40 on all my gmat prep tests. So I'm a bit dissapointed.

My main question is what should I do now? Should I sit for it once more(personally I don't want to) or should start the groundwork for my applications?

Please take a look at my profile summary:

DEMOGRAPHIC: Indian, Male(25 years)

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
B.E(engineering)in instrumentation and control from a reputed Indian University (MANIPAL)

CGPA: 7.95(APPROX 2.9 OR 3 ON A SCALE OF 4)

WORK EX:
3 years as Executive instrumentation engineer( maintenance and small scale projects) in BASF (world's biggest chemical company).

At present I am responsible for maintenance activities, monitoring of maintenance costs and key performance indicators, contractor evaluation, SAP related procurement activities and execution of small scale projects. I report to the manager, instrumentation and lead a team of 8 technicians and several contract employees.

PRESENT LOCATION:
Mumbai

EXTRACURRICULAR:
1) A few college club memberships.
2)Organizer in 3 college and department level events.
(EXTRA CURRICULAR IS MY WEAK POINT)

MY TARGET FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION: OPERATIONS/SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT

MY TARGET B SCHOOLS/UNIVERSITIES:

1) NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
3) NANYANG TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
4) INDIAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
5) S.P JAIN GLOBAL MBA PROGRAM
6) KELLEY, INDIANA UNIVERSITY

What's your opinion? With this profile and a 690 GMAT score will be able to make it to my targeted schools?

I know I don't have a great profile and that is why I was aiming for a higher score...But from what I have read on forums and from my interaction with some of my friends 690 is not that bad.

So what do you think?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: EnterMBA.in
Prasad: Hariharan
GRE 1: 2280 Q790 V710
GPA: 3.3
WE: Editorial and Writing (Education)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 4

720 in gmat prep 690 in GMAT...now what?? [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2014, 09:32
Yes. I'd tend to agree that 690 is a pretty decent score. I've had students with 700+ scores not get interview calls from some of the above schools, and conversely, some with lower scores get calls and convert them. Also, I believe your score is higher than the average score at most of the schools you have listed. So I think that you have a good chance, but of course you'll need to work on the other aspects of your application. I don't think the 690 should break your application.

Having said that, there's still a lot of time for even Round 1 at these schools, so if you're not convinced, you can take another shot at the GMAT and get it over the 700 magic figure!

--Prasad
GMAT and MBA admissions Coach

GMAT and MBA admissions Coach
EnterMBA

720 in gmat prep 690 in GMAT...now what??   [#permalink] 17 Jun 2014, 09:32