Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

720 it is

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

720 it is [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2004, 22:35
Hi All,

Took the GMAT yesterday... got 720... didn't do well on the verbal...the AWA went of well though
Q- 50, V - 38...
wonder how good this is for a top 10 school... any suggestions if i should retake it?

My scores were as below

PP1: 730
PP2(After finishing OG): 760
Kaplan: 630,640,680
challenge 1: 87 percentile

This is an excellent forum. I'll try and keep posting stuff here to help others benefit from my experience.

Will elaborate on my GMAT experience and prep in a separate post if someone would like to know.

cheers,
manan

Don't drink and derive!

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2004, 22:38
just one correction... percentile on challenge 1: 97

Don't drink and derive!

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 720 it is [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2004, 23:59
Manan

Congratulations Great Score! I think this is sufficient for top schools. You are well within the middle 80 percent range!

Could you elaborate on your GMAT CAT experience in the Quant and specially the Verbal section (like were the Qs similar to OG, as tough as Kaplan etc)

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2004, 00:18
Congratulations Manan.

Yeah, could you please share your prep experience and your strategy ,what went well and any hiccups during the tests....

Thanks.

GS
No excuses - Need 750!!!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2004, 00:22
Manan:
Excellent overall score. Very well balanced score too. 96%ile in maths and 85%ile in verbal are perfect. Dont even think of retaking. I know people with this score in top 15.
But I was wondering that 50 q and 38 v should have given you atleast 730. I guess overall scoring has been changed a bit. Only a year back, one of my friends with exactly these scaled scores had 730.
Anyways.. you have done it . Now just nail the essays.
We would appreciate if you can come up with your preparation strategies for both V and Q. Do tell what you used to prepare for VERY GOOD 50 in QUANT!
GOOD LUCK
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2004, 09:38
HI ...

manan that is a great score and U did it finally....I m happy for U ...after all we have the same goals!

anyway ...and yes the score is good enough for the top 10 provided get ur story in a way that shames most bollywood script writers...hahaha jus kidding what I mean is build a great sop... and U are already on ur way for the top schools....

let me know If I can in anyway help...take care.

Have fun :)

the whole worldmakes way for the man who knows wer he's going... good luck

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2004, 13:43
Hi all,

Here's my GMAT experience in a nutshell.

I got an easy 'argument' but a slightly cryptic 'issue'. Anyway wrote good essays so went into the Quant on an even note.

I was not expecting too many hiccups in Quant because I have a strong quant background. The questions were definitely not simple and the DS got quite tricky at times.
One small piece of advice - concentrate on DS questions with inequality. Those were really tough. I also got 2 Prob questions which were rather simple and anyone with regular practice on this forum should not have any problem whatsoever.
Apart from that I got 2 questions on co-ordinate geometry, one of which was based on circles and not so easy. All in all, I was under some time pressure in Quant (normally I finished the practice sessions in uner an hour). The Quant standard was definitely a notch or two above OG. Kaplan quant should suffice.

The Verbal was the googly as far as I was concerned. I got a horrible RC (about 80 lines) on history. It really sapped my energy. The CR was rather easy - in fact I would say it was easier than the OG. The SC however was standard with a good mix of easy and tough ones. I finished Verbal in under an hour and was actually quite happy with the way it went. Hence the disappointment on the low Verbal score. But for Verbal OG is the BEST. The rest are all trash.

My prep schedule...

Gave it about 4 weeks and concentrated on the Verbal because Quant was not a weak area for me. I solved all the CR's and SC's frm OG with a revision of those that I messed up in the first round. I also did about 100 questions from the SC mega-bank on this website. I also did all the Kaplan section tests and the full-length tests.
The free PR online test is also quite good as I feel it was tougher than the actual GMAT.

Well thats my story... would be more than happy to share any further information. This is an excellent forum. Keep browsing it for moral and technical support :))

Cheers,
Manan

Don't drink and derive!

SVP
SVP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2004, 07:58
Congratulations Manan, fantastic score. Do well in your apps.
  [#permalink] 18 Jul 2004, 07:58