Hey guys just wanted to post my experience and scores here.
Took my official gmat today scored 720 (95%). I am quite happy with my score (inline with my expectation).
I took 10 practice tests in all and scored an average score of 700 (1 Kaplan
non-adaptive; 5 MGMAT CATs, 2 PowerPrep and 2 GMATPrep). I was pretty nervous because my range of scores during practice was pretty wide (650-760). Especially in my last test, I scored only a 670!
Anyways, here's my quick tips:
1. First 8-10 questions? Still very very important.
2. Prepare thoroughly for the AWAs as well (I don't think I did them very well)
3. Math is tougher than you think (even if you are an engineer from India
4. SCs are the easiest to nail (and probably the easiest to choke on)
5. If you get an RC within the first 4-5 questions, be extra careful.
6. Best preparation material: OG11
(of course), MGMAT CATs, MGMAT SC
book, Cracking the GMAT
and Kaplan 800
Good luck to everyone!