Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 12:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

720 - ugh

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

720 - ugh [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 13:10
This post received
KUDOS
So most people probably don’t want to hear someone who pulled in a 720, (94%), complain, but that is what I am doing….

Just got back from the test site and am torn by my score. Though this score is plenty high for all the part time MBA programs I am applying to I’m frustrated by my split – (45Q 74% / 44V 97%). It wouldn’t be so bad at all accept I’m also applying to a part time MSF program that I’m probably most interested in attending and am pretty disappointed about my math side. I should point out that the first CAT I took was a 37Q 40V 640 total. Three months of studying pretty much nothing but quant and I’m up to a 45 but still not as high as I had hoped, (based on practice CATs I was scoring between 45 and 49 last week)… so I guess my score is in range, just on the low end.

I want to give everyone on this site a big fat thank you; I wish I had found this site sooner as I could probably have shaved my three month study time down to two months based on the tips, advice, and reviews, on here. I visited this site almost every day and seeing people’s reports after scoring 700+ scores really kept me motivated when I was down. I only wish I had found you guys sooner. Good luck to all you guys who are still studying… the only advice I can give you is probably the best advice you can get and that is to not give up. The GMAT can’t be beaten and it can’t beat you. Either you take all you intend to from the GMAT or you give up / run out of time. Unfortunately for me I have run out of time so I guess I lose but I will rest on my laurels knowing I lost with a 700+ score.
:!:
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: 720 - ugh [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 15:37
This post received
KUDOS
dude your ungrateful, if I pull a 720 when I take the exam again i'm hollaring its my birthday
1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 211 [1] , given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: 720 - ugh [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 16:46
This post received
KUDOS
congrats on the score. As long as you get into the program of your dream/interest, you did an awesome job. Having said that, I'd love a 720 :o

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 201 [1] , given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: 720 - ugh [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 12:15
This post received
KUDOS
jayman,

Great job on the score. I think if you had participated in discussions and maybe was more active with questions etc. you might have done well. With your first post ever being after the exam it is kinda weird...

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: 720 - ugh [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2010, 18:04
DAYNE wrote:
dude your ungrateful, if I pull a 720 when I take the exam again i'm hollaring its my birthday

Sorry if I’m coming off a bit like the posterior of a donkey…. With that said I don’t really think I’m ungrateful at all. I work full time and have studied 2 to 3 hours every day with much more then that on the weekends for the last three months, if I wasn’t out of time, (my fault), I would still be studying. I had hoped to take something from the GMAT and though I took a lot, I failed to take all I had my mind set on.

On a side note for all you guys taking this whose native language isn’t English my hat really is off to you. My wife was educated in Spanish and is just finishing ESL classes so very soon it will be TOFEL and then GMAT for her too. Not sure how you guys do it I’m not sure I could climb that mountain.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 44

GMAT Tests User
Re: 720 - ugh [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2010, 19:04
congrats !! great score..
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: 720 - ugh [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 12:20
720 is indeed a good score ... congratulations !
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 42

Re: 720 - ugh [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 04:29
These posts should be against the coc.
Re: 720 - ugh   [#permalink] 20 Apr 2010, 04:29