Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
1) can u please tell something about the new scratch paper and marker ..can u give me an example of something that is available in the indian market ( sounds silly but i have a tendency to write a lot during rc )
2) GMATprep tests do not indicate the number of lines in RC and the number of questions with each passage is it on the REAL exam as well..u do not know how many question each RC passage has.
3) can u give me an idea of ur mock scores coz i doing pretty bad i have 10 days to go and not much is happening at my end...hoping for your help..
Sorry for delayed reply-- over the weekend, decided to take off to Yosemite, California.
Scratch Paper and Marker: Scratch Papers are laminated graph paper. My guess is that these papers are longer than regular legal size paper. You will be given a 5 page (2sided)â€”10 page if you consider single sideâ€”booklet. For our convenience each page is marked with numbers.
I was expecting to get two of these booklets, as I read lot of review saying so. Though, I was given only one booklet. I started with a booklet in Essay section, replaced it during Math section and used third booklet for verbal section. Actually, changing booklet was quite easy, I raised my hand when I finished page 9 and proctor lady replaced booklet in seconds.
Markers are nothing but black sketch pen available freely in India, though tip of these markers are extremely sharp, unlike normal sketch pens. These Markers, if they are left open, dries extremely fast. During my essay section I left lid open after initially jotting down couple of thoughts, and when I started second essay marker was already dry. Fortunately, initially, I requested for two markers, so I comfortably finished exam with second marker. Moreover for dry marker if you really rub hard, as we do when ballpen doesnâ€™t work, ink starts flowing again!
About RC length: I guess length were equivalent to 35-50(~300 words average) lines for three of essay and around 75(400+ for sure) for the fourth one. Each has three to four questions each.
About my score breakup, I am trying to compile statistics, hopefully should post it today or tomorrow.
1. Feel of the test compared to the GMATPrep?
2. I have a bit of confusion as to number of sections: was it 3 sections : AWA, Quant, Verbal or AWA, Quant1, Verbal1, Quant2, Verbal2?
3. How large/small is the center? Too cold? Too warm? Jacket recommended?
4. Pen and Pad: I know you said that wasn't an issue, but in general is it a good idea to practice using the same pen and pad? I might be getting a bit anal about this part here...
5. Proctors : Attentive enough? Responsive enough?
6. Time management strategy: Anything specific to build time management strategy?
Thanks and good luck with apps.
chiragr, Any comments about the test site?
Any specific question?
Test site was quite, Proctor was helpful, Restrooms were located within 15 second walk, locker were big--you can easily fit computer beg and a jacket. And site als has drinking water available.
1. Feel of the test compared to the GMATPrep? 2. I have a bit of confusion as to number of sections: was it 3 sections : AWA, Quant, Verbal or AWA, Quant1, Verbal1, Quant2, Verbal2? 3. How large/small is the center? Too cold? Too warm? Jacket recommended? 4. Pen and Pad: I know you said that wasn't an issue, but in general is it a good idea to practice using the same pen and pad? I might be getting a bit anal about this part here... 5. Proctors : Attentive enough? Responsive enough? 6. Time management strategy: Anything specific to build time management strategy?
Thanks and good luck with apps.
(Ans-1)Feeling was exactly same as GMATPrep
3 Section and 2 breaks in following format!
(1) Two AWA passage (1Hour)
(Ans-3) It was one Big room, I guess around 15 candidates can appear together!
(Ans-4) I was thinking of practicing with Pen and Pad, but could not, and not practicing did not cause any trouble in exam. Though, this is subjective.
Anyway, practicing with similar paper and pen will not hurt, though finding similar paper and pen may be tough!
(Ans-5) She was very attentive and I was able to get her attention within seconds. Though considering multiple candidate and single proctor, there is a possibility of not getting her attention, when she is helping other students.
(Ans-6) Time management can be developed by properly understanding yourself and test.
You must understand your capabilities when to give up, guess and move on. I believe practicing with many real tests is a good way to improve time management. I decided to go with strategy -- spend some time on initial 5-15 questions than speed up and finish exam. I made efforts not to guess last questions rather I guessed questions where I thought I may take more time.