Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 07:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

730+ in NYC? Let's get it done.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
730+ in NYC? Let's get it done. [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2004, 01:07
Hi,

I'm looking for a GMAT study and MBA prep partner in NYC (male or female). Ideally, I'd like to meet with someone (female/male) on weekends who is practice-testing at a min. of 650+ right now (I am) or re-testing above 700, is self-disciplined (no blowing-off appointments - we can't help each other that way), and who is strong in quant and maybe looking to strengthen his/her verbal. We could help each other out... International (ESL) students are absolutely welcome.

My strength is verbal -RC, CR- and I practically have a library of study material (including MGAT, Kaplan, Crack GMAT all the MBA guides and many others). I'd be happy to share. Also, IтАЩve taken the MGMAT course, have information on selected programs (will be at Stanford in mid-April), and am currently at Columbia.

I'd like to start next weekend. If you are interested, please let me know via e-mail!

Lia
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Eternal Intern

[#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2004, 15:00
hey ure a girl right, are u hot, I live in NYC, wanna get together. I got kaplan course materials, im cute and single. :lol:
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 675 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2004, 16:32
nikerun21 wrote:
hey ure a girl right, are u hot, I live in NYC, wanna get together. I got kaplan course materials, im cute and single. :lol:

Sir

As much as we try to respect opinions, your comments are not relevant to the overall purpose of this website. This is not the first time you have tried to violate forum rules. And this has forced us to take drastic measures. We have rules and if you are not aware of forum rules, it shows irresponsibility on your part and that is not a good sign for a prospective B-School Student.

As much as I hate to do this, you leave me no choice but to ban you from participating in our forums. We do not want to hinder anybody's preparation, but you give us no choice. You are only the second member that has been banned out of 5000+ members. This shows the maturity of the rest of the members.

Sir, we wish that you do well on your GMAT and wish your good luck for your admissions.

Mr. Nikerun, our decision is based on your comments in this post AND the posts below. In case you think our decision is unfair, I am posting the the links to your previous forum rule violations. This was your third and final chance.

http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3232&highlight=nikerun21

http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2680&highlight=nikerun21

With Regret,
Sincerely,
Praetorian

Last edited by Praetorian on 03 Apr 2004, 21:55, edited 4 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Still Faithful :-) [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2004, 16:53
I have read the posts of the members as well, and I see many intelligent people who are very serious about their goals. It's a wonderful board!

That having been said, with the exception of opportunists and singles looking for a hook-up, the offer still stands for anyone looking to work together to improve our chances of excelling. Don't worry, I will know if you're serious. :-) BTW, I will respond to the PMs tomorrow or late this evening.

Lia
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2325

Kudos [?]: 9449 [0], given: 3701

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Still Faithful :-) [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2004, 17:01
Expert's post
lia wrote:
I have read the posts of the members as well, and I see many intelligent people who are very serious about their goals. It's a wonderful board!

That having been said, with the exception of opportunists and singles looking for a hook-up, the offer still stands for anyone looking to work together to improve our chances of excelling. Don't worry, I will know if you're serious. :-) BTW, I will respond to the PMs tomorrow or late this evening.

Lia

Thanks for a Great reply,

I am sorry about the incident; I believe Mr. Praetorian is looking into it.

It may sound surprising to you, but we banned only one person here after a year of existence. If this ban holds true, this will be the second, so it is not like we police things and just kick people out. :lol:

-=

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2004, 07:36
Agree with this ban, should have happened long back. Same guy who wrote the 800 post , then deleted it and we had a new member commenting on it. Good Job Praet.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2004, 07:43
Fully agree with the ban as well. I have never seen such an immature member on this board. I have read all his posts all the way back and also wondered how he could still be a member :?

Best Regards,

Paul

Intern
Intern

COMMENTS [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2004, 11:15
U've failed to show any type of evidence to ban me, that message I posted had no graphic details, she said that she wanted some one to study their was reference of kaplan course materials, and in the other 2 posts, I showed completely honesty, those dont violate any rules. U've failed to provide any evidence to support my banning. You can either unban me, or I'll keepl coming back under different names. This is merely a power ploy.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: COMMENTS [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2004, 11:30
nikerun22 wrote:
U've failed to show any type of evidence to ban me, that message I posted had no graphic details, she said that she wanted some one to study their was reference of kaplan course materials, and in the other 2 posts, I showed completely honesty, those dont violate any rules. U've failed to provide any evidence to support my banning. You can either unban me, or I'll keepl coming back under different names. This is merely a power ploy.

This gentleman is wasting all our precious time. My advice to all is to ignore this guy one and for all. He'll probablty learn to behave in society
in hard way.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2004, 07:22
This is great forum for GMAT Prep and lets not digress from our objective.
I agree with kpadma and lets just ignore this guy.

Lia : I am an International candidate, currently undergoing a course in ManhattanGMAT, NYC (Just started it last weekend). My Strength is Quant (Hovering around 40-45 ; trying for 50-51) and weakness is Verbal (Around 25; shooting for 45) -- especially RC. Aiming for 99%. Have limited time on weekends and hence the prep is very serious & highly focussed. If you think that this joint prep will be mutually beneficial then email me.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2325

Kudos [?]: 9449 [0], given: 3701

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
 [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2004, 12:47
Expert's post
go2venkat wrote:
This is great forum for GMAT Prep and lets not digress from our objective.
I agree with kpadma and lets just ignore this guy.

Lia : I am an International candidate, currently undergoing a course in ManhattanGMAT, NYC (Just started it last weekend). My Strength is Quant (Hovering around 40-45 ; trying for 50-51) and weakness is Verbal (Around 25; shooting for 45) -- especially RC. Aiming for 99%. Have limited time on weekends and hence the prep is very serious & highly focussed. If you think that this joint prep will be mutually beneficial then email me.

I think the 21 in the user name may refer to the age of the person; does not seem to be mature at all. There is some dialog going via email and it proves that the decision of giving him a boot was right. I had some reservations, but they are no loger valid. I think one should be held accountable for things he/she does and if they mess up, give them a chance to get back, but this individual does not seem to possess any of the above abilities or beliefs.

Good day 8-)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2004, 02:18
There can be way of blocking the ip address itself. BTW, you need to block nikerun22 also.
  [#permalink] 08 Apr 2004, 02:18