Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Félicitations !!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
so.. everyone is showing off their French.... :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1122 [0]
[#permalink]
err, no comprendo?!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations :-D Very good score!

Good luck for apps process :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Merci pour vos messages .. in english now ... long post !!

My experience ..
first time taking the GMAT, also first time taking a serious standardized test (besides the TOEFL)

I couldn't get much sleep the last week! It was scary. I went to the boxing gym several times and it really helped me relieve the stress. Also go out with your friends to keep the morale up.

===============================================

AWA:
not my strong point .. went ok thanks to templates.

10 minutes break .. cold water on the face

QUANT
I was so scared and nervous that my brain was functioning at 50%.
Spend 10 minutes on the first two questions because of inertia.
Got some questions right and had to guess some others as I didn't want to run out of time. At the end, felt that question were easier (or maybe I was warmed up), finished just in time.

Break is 10 minutes. cold water on the face. I am outside breathing some fresh air and about to go up when I decided to go to the deli and get a red bull.

VERBAL
started 2 minutes late but didn't worry too much as I was fast usually on practice tests, but tried to keep pace. Then the Red bull started kicking in!! got 4 RCs, many SCs, and some CRs at the end. This part was a breeze thanks to countless practice exams and the RED BULL !!
Finished the test with 3 minutes to spare, the Pearson guy was very surprised; he was like who is this guy who comes late and leaves early :-D

Survey came, didn't fill it. Cancelling the score crossed my mind because I wasn't sure about the math part, but I had the same feeling in my GMATPrep experiences.

- about new difficulty level. If you are prepared properly and see a hard question, don't get rattled .. take it as a positive challenge and don't be discouraged. Think about it as someone saying "I am about to give you a very good grade, let's see if you can get an excellent grade". Remember questions difficulty are the same for everyone !

- I love maths and maths was always my strong point in college. But I just don't get the math format of the GMAT (too fast/tricky for me and I need to warm up), so I never got 50 in my practice exams.

- Also funny fact is I scored poorly on the TOEFL couple months ago and I will need to retake it, my english is awful .. A proof that the GMAT verbal doesn't measure your english ability!!

===============================================

Preparation details:
Took about 4 months, but I wasted time at the beginning with princeton review class.

Most the material out there will help you for a 600+ score. To get into 700's you'll need additional prep. Also always train with material representative of the gmat.

- started with Princeton review classes as I haven't studied anything for 10 years.
Good for scoring in the 500-600s but waste of money if you want to score 700+.

Princeton math review book is not bad for fundamental

- OG 10-11th edition: good for learning the basics. Did most of it under timed conditions

- LSAT: a must for solving CR. If you can do LSAT CR, you can do GMAT CR

- Manhattan Sentence Correction Guide, SC1000 and reading the forum answers.

- Kaplan 800: some nice difficult math problems in there

- GmatClub: excellent for math and getting alternate answers to a problem will help understand it better.

- GMAT practice test:

Online Princeton tests: waste of time .. Also their online exams can mess up your preparation: got some unecessary difficult probability questions, many SCs where 'being' is correct (I meant it is very rare), some RCs where the premises are repeated in their question.

Kaplan: good to build endurance

GMATPrep: scored 710, 730. the most representative of your score.

Also do the exams under timed condition with the essays. It will build your endurance and the exam will be a breeze.

- Keeping the morale up: read gmatclub and get motivated, exercise, eat well and keep a social life.

Thanks to all gmatclub members (Paul, Honghu and others...), your posts inspired me!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts