Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 00:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

740 (98 %).....Yes, please save a spot for me.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2006, 08:22
Thanks, duttsit. Are you applying this fall ?

duttsit wrote:
Way to go!!!
Congrats friend.
VP
VP
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2006, 14:49
lhotseface wrote:
Thanks, duttsit. Are you applying this fall ?

Possibly though lotsa things going on at the moment.
Whats your target region?

Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right! - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2006, 18:17
lhotseface wrote:
I don't think that anyone is a natural at standardized tests. I used to create mini-sets of RCs, CRs and SCs from 1000 series and old LSAT tests. My timing strategy was 90 seconds for SC, 2 minutes for CR and RC ( per question including readling time ). I forced myself to read the questions first for CR and also the first question for the RC (usually - what is the main idea ?).

For CRs, it is important not to read the answer choices before you have some idea as to what would constitute an answer to a given question. Readling the answer choices before knowing what you are looking for is troublesome.

The answer choices are selected in such a way so as to muddle the issue in your head. Be clear as to what you are looking for. For BF CRs, make sure you figure out what the conclusion is before reading the answer choices. You will be able to eliminate quite a few answer choices that way.....my 1 cent !

joemama142000 wrote:
My question is how much did you improve in verbal from begining of preparation to the end? Are you a natural? What was your hit rate in the 1000 documents? How did you improve you hit rate?

I am very up and down in verbal in all sections. However when i take an exam the average stays in that range(32-38). I would consider my best section sentence completion however, i feel that is what hurt me on the exam. in the 1000 series, i usually do sets of 25. At times i get over 80% but others i get 60%. My second worst is RC, I dont beleive there is much i can do here. I feel that my stamina is good for the section but my hit rate is around 70%. CR is probably my worst-i feel. Any advice? I feel like i am at a stalemate

Hi lhotseface,

Can you let me know what was your hit rate in 1000 CR, SC and RC.
Like out of 1 set in RC or CR how was your hit rate.

Thanks
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck'08
Followers: 6

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2006, 18:25
Congratulations
the score is awesome and the achievement is impressive...
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2006, 18:50
I can only estimate...I would say 90-95 % for RC/CR and 80-85 % for SC. Of course, it was lower earlier but this where I was 3 weeks before the test.

Can you let me know what was your hit rate in 1000 CR, SC and RC.
Like out of 1 set in RC or CR how was your hit rate.

Thanks[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2006, 11:22
Congratulations. I note the ink on your hand. I only earned 730 but kept my hands clean. If I had gotten inky hands, could I have done better? :rotate
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2006, 12:37
Well...If I didn't have the ink on my hands...could I have done better :) ?

I still fail to fathom..why in the world would VUE make people write on laminated sheets...clearly, it isn't well suited to all writing styles.

Where are you planning to apply ?

drummond wrote:
Congratulations. I note the ink on your hand. I only earned 730 but kept my hands clean. If I had gotten inky hands, could I have done better? :rotate
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2006, 12:45
My road is a bit different. Since I am 46 with a family and a minor management position, I need an online degree, but one from an AACSB-member school. Since I intend to continue working in Texas, the best schools would have name recognition in Texas.

I have been accepted at UH-Victoria, and I am waiting for responses from Texas A&M-Commerce and UT-Dallas.
  [#permalink] 25 Apr 2006, 12:45