Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.46
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

CAT Tests
Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 04:45
Hi Pooja. Thanks for the inspiring debrief. I am sure this will inspire a lot of people like me.

Having taken my GMAT (600. Q48 / V 24), I stand at a point where I need to focus almost exclusively on the Verbal section. In fact in the two GMATPrep mock tests prior to GMAT, I had scored 27 and 31. My score of 24 on GMAT was the lowest I achieved in Verbal. I am targeting 720+ in my next attempt, which I am planning in 2 month's time so that I can apply to INSEAD jor Jan 2014 intake in the R2.

I have decided on enrolling for eGMAT's Verbal course. I have 60days at hand to master the Verbal section and to make a huge leap from V24 to V40. However, I am confused between VERBAL ONLINE and VERBAL LIVE PREP. They both look exactly the same except the On Demand SC and RC and a few live classes, and GMAT strategies and advice. Having completed the course yourself, I would like you to help me in making a decision. How exactly and precisely does the LIVE PREP course differ from the ONLINE course? Just confused to note that while the LIVE PREP promises a 4-point increase, the ONLINE course does not. Also,

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. Any one else in a similar situation, please reply or provide your thoughts.

Thanks,
Jeet
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 6

Reviews Badge
Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 07:06
Hi folks - Did quite well (7.0 or 8.0) on IR. I dont think that the IR score matters as much though!! So happy about that. I could not have asked for more.

@jeetparicha85: The live prep includes all the live sessions. These are some of the most engaging sessions. The best thing about these sessions - you take a question and analyze all the answer choices as to why they are correct/incorrect. There is a lot of back and forth, which can help take your understanding to the next level. The level of discussions simulated in these live sessions cannot be matched in the online course. Since you are aiming for 40, I would recommend that you take the live prep if you can afford the same.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 6

Reviews Badge
Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 11:44
Quote:
Hi Pooja. Thanks for the inspiring debrief. I am sure this will inspire a lot of people like me.

Having taken my GMAT (600. Q48 / V 24), I stand at a point where I need to focus almost exclusively on the Verbal section. In fact in the two GMATPrep mock tests prior to GMAT, I had scored 27 and 31. My score of 24 on GMAT was the lowest I achieved in Verbal. I am targeting 720+ in my next attempt, which I am planning in 2 month's time so that I can apply to INSEAD jor Jan 2014 intake in the R2.

I have decided on enrolling for eGMAT's Verbal course. I have 60days at hand to master the Verbal section and to make a huge leap from V24 to V40. However, I am confused between VERBAL ONLINE and VERBAL LIVE PREP. They both look exactly the same except the On Demand SC and RC and a few live classes, and GMAT strategies and advice. Having completed the course yourself, I would like you to help me in making a decision. How exactly and precisely does the LIVE PREP course differ from the ONLINE course? Just confused to note that while the LIVE PREP promises a 4-point increase, the ONLINE course does not. Also,

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. Any one else in a similar situation, please reply or provide your thoughts.

Thanks,
Jeet

Any improvement score. Did you take the exam
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2013, 09:19
Hi Pooja! Congrats on your score. This is brilliant.
I really suck at CR and have been struggling with it since a while, does egmat have a specific course for CR too. Can you suggest something that will help improve my accuracy in CR.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 186

Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 18 May 2013, 12:30
Hey pooja,
amazing score!!Am facing a similar problem..I have my GMAT soon and am stuck at low verbal accuracy.Time crunch and pressure just gets on me and i lose confidence towards the end.Can you suggest what should i do to increase my verbal score from 34 to 42 in a span of 10 days.?? :|
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2013, 07:56
Hi Buddy,

Quite an inspiring debrief.

I have been thinking from sometime for appearing in GMAT, but somehow had been procrastinating under one pretext or the other. Now, to kick myself into fifth gear, I have just taken a date in second week of july without preparing much for GMAT. Hope things will pan out well.
Once earlier, I had prepared for CAT-IIM and had been quite decent in quant. So, I am not much worried about it, but Verbal had been my nemesis then and I believe it still is.

I have picked up Manhattan notes and OG 13.

I am looking to follow what you have done. I am from gurgaon and don't know where to get the practice material. Can you point me towards the source where and how I can get these (few picked from your debrief)

I am looking for these:
Reading/ practice material - Grockit question bank + e-GMAT RC , Grail series from Aristotle prep,
Tests - Mgmat, gmatprep, Free Kaplan Test, Free Princeton Test

Or if you think I need to prioritize material differently, you are more than welcome to point that too.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2013, 07:50
Hey Jolie!

congrats on your score. and thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Does your 80% rule apply to the OG questions? I have just finished the SC part of the OG, and my overall accuracy was ~80% . Do you think that's enough for me to move on to other sections? I am aiming for 40+ in verbal but I'm not a native English speaker
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 116

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2013, 19:56
Hi Pooja,
Brilliant debrief, very detailed and helpful. Currently my status in mocks is somewhat similar to your in mocks. Scoring in the range of 600-640. Am aiming at a score of 700+ too. For quant my scores are usually between 43-46 and verbal its varies from a 20-35, with regards to 80% accuracy i am almost there on quant but verbal my accuracy is just 50-60%, what is the best time to join egmat course, i am trying to postpone it till i do a gmatprep test and then decide. I have 50 days for my gmat and was thinking will join a course if required 30 days prior to it. What do you think? Can this plan backfire? Since i will be attending the course but wont be practicing much with the concepts learned.

Thanks and good luck with your applications.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Cheers
Farhan

My Blog - Gladly Making an attempt today

INSEAD SEPT 2015 Intake Thread

2015 PROFILES W/ ADMIT/DINGS RESULTS!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2013, 16:00
Congrats Jolie!
Can you give us some more details on the 'process'. Would like to understand a bit more and see if we can build around it.
Intern
Intern

Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2013, 18:12
for the improvement of English vocabulary what should i do ? for gmat English vocabulary improvement what books are preferential .
Intern
Intern

Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 21:13
Congrats Jolie :)

Can you / anyone else please tell me whether it is better to leave a question blank in case you don't know how to solve it OR make a guess ? What leads to a more negative score ? Wrong answer or an unanswered question ?

Please let me know!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 87

Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 26 May 2014, 22:28
Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful debrief.

I need advice on Sentence Correction questions. When I seem to study I feel I've got the hang of it but I always falter in the exam.

My question - Where did you practice SC questions from besides the official guide ?

Thank you !
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1299

Kudos [?]: 3675 [0], given: 185

Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 28 May 2014, 23:19
Expert's post
Dear Parul,

Responding since Pooja has not been very active. Here are a few sources that provide good practice:

1. GMAT Prep question pack 1.
2. OG Verbal review (if you have not completed the same)
3. GMAT Paper based tests
4. e-GMAT UGE (on the old platform) + Workshops.

The sources above should give you 400+ practice questions.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeT9_Wr0DlI&feature=youtu.be

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips) [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2014, 07:14
Hi

First of all many congrats on this fantastic feat.

I am in dire need to push up my verbal scores hovering around early 20's and I feel from the mocks I have taken so far a low verbal score was primarily due to 2 reasons - lack of accuracy due to not so thorough concepts and lack of time management.

Just wanted to know if enrollment for Emat gmat Live Prep or Online course would better serve my purpose. I am a bit concerned on the fee for these courses as I have already invested a fortune on attending coaching classes at multiple centres for GMAT but yeilded not much improvement.

Pls advice a value for money bet. Awainting response
Re: 740 - If I can do it, anyone can (My tips)   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2014, 07:14