Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Apr 2014, 07:57

STARTING SHORTLY:

Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

740 Q49 V42

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

740 Q49 V42 [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2007, 02:59
It is over, I took the exam yesterday and I am so happy. I got a 740 with Q49 V42. I am particularly pleased with the Verbal since I am not a native speaker and almost all of my education was in a language other than English.

Here is how I prepared:

I spent 2 months preparing. I bought all the official guides and I did all the exercises. I also bought the Manhattan GMAT books which I used in parallel with the OG. I think that the entire Manhattan series is great, not only the SC. What I like about MGMAT is that they discuss the concepts that you need to master. The OG has lots of useful examples but very little written text about the underlying concepts. I felt like MGMAT completed the OG really nicely. Also the MGMAT CATs are quite good, the quant is too hard but on the other hand that is a good exercise. I scored 690, 740, 730 and 690 in the four MGMAT tests that I took. I also did Powerprep (690,710) and GMAT Prep (700,730)

When I started to prepare with MGMAT and OG I felt that my verbal score improved rapidly but I was frustrated by the fact that my quant score was not improving. I bought access to all the challenges from this forum and I found them really useful. They are more difficult than the real thing and I started of with results around 55th percentile but in the last 8 challenges I was averaging 86th. In the end I did one challenge per day and I feel like they really helped me to lift my quant score another notch.

The day before the test I had to come into the office and work for 6 hours on my day off. When I came home I did a bit of SC and at 9pm I put the books down and watched Nacho Libre with my wife :lol: . During the exam I felt like I was doing well all along. When I got my score I screamed out and I scared the living crap out of the poor guy who worked in the test center (the two of us were the only ones there). I apologized got my score and went home with a big smile.

Finally I wish everyone on this forum the best of luck and I hope to see some of you at Insead in January 2008 :P
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2007, 03:14
Congrats on a fantastic score :-D

Could you please share your approach to RC during the test? Did make any notes while reading the passage?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2007, 03:23
alfyG wrote:
Congrats on a fantastic score :-D

Could you please share your approach to RC during the test? Did make any notes while reading the passage?

Thanks alfy. I did not write anything down but I allowed myself to take more than 2 minutes where I needed it and I made sure that I did not rush through the text. However, what really helped me improve RC was practice, practice and more practice. I did all RC questions in both OG and Verbal Review + I did 2 exams per week in the last month before the exam.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 740 Q49 V42 [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2007, 13:09
INSEAD2008 wrote:
It is over, I took the exam yesterday and I am so happy. I got a 740 with Q49 V42. I am particularly pleased with the Verbal since I am not a native speaker and almost all of my education was in a language other than English.

Here is how I prepared:

I spent 2 months preparing. I bought all the official guides and I did all the exercises. I also bought the Manhattan GMAT books which I used in parallel with the OG. I think that the entire Manhattan series is great, not only the SC. What I like about MGMAT is that they discuss the concepts that you need to master. The OG has lots of useful examples but very little written text about the underlying concepts. I felt like MGMAT completed the OG really nicely. Also the MGMAT CATs are quite good, the quant is too hard but on the other hand that is a good exercise. I scored 690, 740, 730 and 690 in the four MGMAT tests that I took. I also did Powerprep (690,710) and GMAT Prep (700,730)

When I started to prepare with MGMAT and OG I felt that my verbal score improved rapidly but I was frustrated by the fact that my quant score was not improving. I bought access to all the challenges from this forum and I found them really useful. They are more difficult than the real thing and I started of with results around 55th percentile but in the last 8 challenges I was averaging 86th. In the end I did one challenge per day and I feel like they really helped me to lift my quant score another notch.

The day before the test I had to come into the office and work for 6 hours on my day off. When I came home I did a bit of SC and at 9pm I put the books down and watched Nacho Libre with my wife :lol: . During the exam I felt like I was doing well all along. When I got my score I screamed out and I scared the living crap out of the poor guy who worked in the test center (the two of us were the only ones there). I apologized got my score and went home with a big smile.

Finally I wish everyone on this forum the best of luck and I hope to see some of you at Insead in January 2008 :P

Great. All the best for the next stages!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2007, 03:11
Fanstastic score. good luck for future

Javed

Cheers!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2007, 02:50
Congrats!!!!!!! Wish you all the success in life....
  [#permalink] 17 Apr 2007, 02:50