I wasn't a big participant in this forum, but get tons of help from you guys throwing tons of problems.
So I just like to share my experience with GMAT after finishing writing my essays for schools. (Going for R2....so stressed out to finish apps and essays.)
I am Korean-Canadian and teacher; in addition, I do lots of tutoring, working almost 12 hours a day.
So I did not have enough time to take numerous practice tests.
I did only two practice tests from GMAC, but repeated three times on each test.
GMAT Prep 1: 670
GMAT Prep 2: 720
Then, I really did not have a time to do the whole test even though I bought Kaplan
book; so I just looked at GMAT club for next 4 months.
I spent at least one hour a day in GMAT club; this helped me a lot.
Then, before I registered GMAT, I wanted to see whether I was ready...
GMAT Prep 1 Repeat: 710.
GMAT Prep 2 Repeat: 740.
I was disappointed because I saw several problems in these tests mentioned in GMAT club and still received 710....but decided to register GMAT anyway because R2 deadline was only 2 months away.
Then, a few days before GMAT, I took practice tests again.
GMAT Prep 1 Repeat: 780.
GMAT Prep 2 Repeat: 770.
12/12/2006. I took the test. I was bored with essay questions and tried to finish it as fast as possible. Then, I did the math section.
Math section was almost identical to GMAT practice test.
Then, in verbal section, I barely finished on time.
When I saw the score, I was so relieved~~~
My advice on GMAT
1. Never lose your focus in the test.
2. Use GMAT CLUB. However, don't be disappointed if you get every problem wrong. Just make sure that you understand every answer and why other choices are not answers. Moreover, your answer might be right because many problems do not have legitimate answers anyway.
3. Start preparing well before the actual test (at least 4 months).
4. If you cannot prepare well before the test, then try to solve as many problems as possible, and spend at least 2 hours in GMAT CLUB.
5. Don't worry too much probability; I saw one question, which was really easy. Even if you screw probability question, don't panic; instead, try to get other problems right.
I am not done; I have to do apps and write essays........
Good luck to you all~~~