Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 19:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

740+ Study diary

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 28

Re: 740+ Study diary [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2012, 21:00
This post received
KUDOS
bgpower wrote:
Hey buddy!

thanks for the reply! These two articles will be of immense help.

Regarding CAT's - I wonder if I should do one MGMAT CAT once I have finished with all sections or if I should make use of my second GMATPrep CAT? Which one provides better statistics, which would help me to gauge my level and find some weak areas?

Thanks!

You must take Gmat prep CATs, which gives you almost an exact picture of where you stand. If you have the luxury of time, you may take MGMAT CATs , which I would rank second after GMAT prep.

Hope my suggestion helps.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 740+ Study diary [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 03:03
That's a good point! Thanks!

Still I've heard that the MGMAT Tests provide you with a better breakdown of mistakes into inividual questions types - so it seems to be a better analytic tool? Would this mean that it's better for a diagnostic test, whether the GMATPrep is the better one for score estimation?

Another questions I ran into is how to tackle OG CR questions while doing the Powerscore CR Bible? Should I do all OG/VG2 CR problems once I am ready with the entire book or should I start earlier?

Thanks guys! You are the best!

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 740+ Study diary [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 02:15
Hey guys,

a small update from my side! Time is tickin' away and I have just 10 days till December 11th 9 am!

Today I finished OG12 RC questions and are hereby officially ready with this section as well. I got a success rate of 86,3% on alle 139 RC questions from OG12 and as time is not enough I will try to complete only the medium and hard questions from the Verbal Guide 2 (in total 80).

My plan for the next days:

1. Today and tomorrow - Revision of my section notes (based on all MGMAT Guides and Powerscore CR) and completion of all mistaken OG/QG/VG problems. I also have to finish a couple of SC problems.

2. Sunday - Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday - Sunday - Completion of 5 CAT's with focus on GMATPrep CAT's (MGMAT secondary), always 9 am as my exam is scheduled for this time together with weak area analysis and analysis of all wrong questions

3. During the week, utilizing every free minute, I will work on GMATClub Quant and Verbal exams!

What do you think? Your input would be invaluable!

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 740+ Study diary [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 04:07
Hey,

I finally managed to do my second full-length CAT - GMAT Prep1 and scored 680 (Q47, V36) & IR 5. Obviously, I have just 7 days to try and boost my score as my GMAT is scheduled for December 11th. So I would be VERY, VERY HAPPY if you all could help me improve in these last 168 hours (all dedicated to GMAT).

AWA: I did the AWA, but it was my first full length AWA argument essay, so I'll have to practice this a bit.

IR: Some of the questions were quite challenging, but still could answer all 12 questions with 3 mistakes. Will analyze this later on today.

But the most important sections still are Quant and Verbal:

Quant - Q47 is not bad (previously Q41) and I overall had a good feeling about timing and so on. But I still hope to boost this a bit. Should I rather focus on OG12/QG2 error log revision OR GMAtClub Tests? What would you say?

Weak areas: Combinatorics/Permutations, Inequalities, Absolute Values, Coordinate Planes

Verbal - V36 is a bit dissapointing, as I previously scored V34 and still have the feeling I learned a lot from MGMAT SC, Powerscore CR Bible and MGMAT RC. Somehow I:
- struggled with time and had to pick some random answers - last 10-12 questions
- because of the time constraints could not apply all strategies/steps I had learned and practiced with OG12

Weak areas: Idioms; SC questions in which you have to pick "which" vs. participle vs. Gerund; etc.

1. Should I focus on CAT's (still have 1 GMATPrep, 2 re-do's of GMATPrep and 6 MGMAT Tests) or redoing of error-log with OG questions?
2. Quant: GMATClub Tests or OG?
3. Verbal: What resources to use in order to boost my Verbal score to 40+?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT!

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 740+ Study diary [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 00:45
Hey guys,

it's been 2 days since I have sat for the GMAT on Tuesday and have scored 640 (Q44, V34), 73% , which was en par with my expectation. During my last days of preparation I had fluctuating CAT scores and did not succeed in building a realy strong quant and verbal basis, although in the past 2 months I did put a lot of effort in this.

I will ask about your suggestions in a separate debrief (where I will also include my test day experience), but let me just list here my CAT scores prior to the exam:

1. GMAT Prep 1 - 680 (Q47, V36), IR 5
2. MGMAT 1 - 650 (Q42, V37), IR 3,5
3. MGMAT 2 - 590 (Q39, V32), No IR
4. GMAT Prep 2 - 610 (Q44, V31), IR 8
5. GMAT Prep 3 - 730 (Q48, V41), IR 8 (of course with some repetitions)

Stay tuned! I will be happy to hear your suggestions and feedback! I will for sure sit for the GMAT as well, this time (January or February 2013) I will strive for a 740+!

Best!

Re: 740+ Study diary   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2012, 00:45