Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:56 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aspire2005,

Congartulations on a great score.
Thanks for posting your detailed plan and startegy on GMAT preparation. Your writing is ceratinly highly motivating towards geaing oneself to score high.

Smark
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Superb post. Let us know which school you decide on!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 742 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
THATS SIMPLY SUPERB. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

and all the best for your applications :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Aspire,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am glad to know that some of my suggestions were helpful.

Good luck with your applications. :wink:

Shygo
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations Aspire on your great score! Your post was definitely very motivating and I got some good tips for the prep...

Best of luck on your admission process!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi All -

Thank you for all the wishes and encouraging words. While I work through my applications, I will stick around and try to help in anyway possible.... I like this place :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats guy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations!!!!!!!! You did it!!!!!!!
:bouncer
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Aspire,

I have a question about the RCs.
I have been solving the RCs from the OG regularly and I think the difficulty levels vary a lot.
Sometimes the passage is easy, but the answer choices are very close, sometimes the passage is diffiult but ans choices are relatively easier and sometimes both the passage and the ans are tough.

My question to you is how was your test experience in this respect?
how were your RC passages and ans choices like?
On the OG scale (Toughest in OG = 10, easiert = 5) , how would you rate them ?

Please help!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbahope - Here is my assessment :

Using your scale, the first 2 RCs were in the range of 6-7. Third one was about 9-10 [most difficult]. Last one was 7-8 [It was lengthy - 75 lines, but questions were not as difficult as the third].

Overall I would say it was about the same level as OG. And it was not as difficult as the ones in Kaplan 800. But if you are able to handle the Kaplan 800 ones (say with about max. 1 error per passage) then RC won't be a problem for you in actual exam.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great answer. Thank you Aspire!
One more question on the same topic, what was your accuracy rate on the OG ones? Especially the hard ones?
I will defintely get started on the GMAT 800 passages today. Lets see how I fare in those.
I would also like to hear about what you call ' 9 or 10' level difficult OG RC passages as an example (if you can remember, lets say, the topics of these RCs or even more specifically the page numbers in the 10th edition).
I know I'm giving you some work here but I think that will help me a lot in assessing where I am. This is because till y'day i used to get almost all RC questions correct for OG passages and I thought I got some questions wrong because of excess 'hurry'. But when I solved 2 passages yesterday trying to be a little slow and more careful, I got 2 wrong in the first one and 3 in the second out of total 7 and 8 questions respectively.
I wasnt sure if its because of the difficulty of the passages or because I was overanalyzing. Hence I posted the earlier message.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbahope -

I gave all my books including OG to a friend :) So, I won't be able to point out the exact passage or page number. Sorry. But, I remember that, in last 20-25 passages of OG, I used to make about 1-2 errors out of the 6-7 questions per passage. Hard ones - 2 errors per 6-7 questions. All correct answers were rare. Kaplan 800 => I did them after finishing OG, may be 10 days beore exam. Most of the passages - I made about 1 mistake. Couple of the passges, I didn't make any mistake 8-) I always used to do RC in timed conditions.

I think it may be a good idea to build a rythm by doing 2-3 passages under timed condition every day. After few days, you tend to develop a rythm. So, your concentration tends to improve as you have developed a sense of how fast you have to go and you don't look at the clock every 1 min :P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey, thanks for the post.
I havent reached the last 20-25 passages yet, but i'll be trying them very soon.
Just like what you suggested, I'm currently solving about 2/3 passages from OG daily so as to build a rhythm. I tried the first 2 passages from Kaplan 800 y'day and I missed 2 in the first one and 1 in the 2nd one. So i think, i'm getting there slowly.
Thanks again for your time and wholhearted commitment to this forum.

Good luck on your applications.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbahope - You are doing pretty good buddy. I think already you are in good shape :-D

Thanks for your good wishes. I am working through my essays.... it's crazy :beat
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Aspire, time for another couple of questions!
1. Approximately how many total questions in the verbal section (out of total 41) did you think you got wrong or were unsure of?
2. What kind of difficulty level did you have in the CR? Can you remember how difficult (compared with GMAT 800 or OG) your most difficult CR seemed to you ?
Was it even comparable to the tough ones on the OG or was even tougher than the OG?

Thanks, you've already been a tremendous help!

Best

-mbahope
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Aspire... thats simply awesome! well done! I could only dream of such a brilliant score. :good
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Aspire, I thought I posted my congratulation already but it seems like I did not :? I Want to personally congratulate you! Very thoughtful insights indeed. :woohoo :wave :band :musband
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts