Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 17:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

750 studying almost exclusively from Gmat club

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

750 studying almost exclusively from Gmat club [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 12:52
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to pay my debt to this wonderful website. I started prepping for GMAT 2 months ago after making a spur of the moment decision to take a shot at the whole MBA thing. My starting point was pretty good, but I still managed to raise my score by about 70 points. I didn't open a single book and didn't go to far beyond GMAT club (a bit of beat the gmat and MGMAT, but that's it). I'm not saying this to show off- I think any auto-didactic person can emulate if not surpass my achievement- but rather to try and demonstrate how valuable a tool this place is if you just know how to use it.
And to cap it all- if you'd seen my face last Monday after the exam, you wouldn't have believed it. I was truly depressed, no kidding. So just think how high this webpage took me if that's how I felt after a 750 (I've realized since that the extra 20-30 points I was hoping to score wouldn't have made that big of a difference).

Anyway, thanks a lot and good luck to all!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Affiliations: IIT Alumni Association, ISB Alumni Association
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 27

Re: 750 studying almost exclusively from Gmat club [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 20:44
Many, many congratulations for a fantastic score!

Could you please share with the readers here the materials that you used from GMATClub and your mock test scores?

Eagerly look forward to your debrief...:)

Santanu

A KUDO A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY

Introducing Best Debrief Writer & Contributor of the Month!: introducing-best-debrief-writer-contributor-of-the-month-127355.html
My GMAT debrief: gmat-760-50-q-42-v-satisfied-124675.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: 750 studying almost exclusively from Gmat club [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 21:15
Yes, I would also be interested in specifically what material from GMATClub you used. If you could provide links, that would be even better. Congrats on the awesome score!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: 750 studying almost exclusively from Gmat club [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 01:32
congratulations for this great score.Please share your strategy....
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: 750 studying almost exclusively from Gmat club [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 04:03
This post received
KUDOS
Well, I'm going to try to avoid general study strategies because I just feel it's a very personal thing and I know that the way I studied is very different from what would suit most people. For example if you're not a native English speaker, you're obviously going to need a lot more work on the basics of Verbal. I'll gladly answer specific questions, though.

So first of all, as for materials from GMAT club, I just accessed the forums for V and Q and started practicing with the material they have there. I found especially helpful the material categorized according to the level of the questions, e.g. if you're already scoring over 600, look for 650+ questions. Most of the time I think the categorization is pretty reliable. Another great great source was the various question lists, just browse around and you'll find them. I remember a very large one with 700-800 Q questions, the 1000 SC and of course Bunuel's terrific challenges. I also recall some files for CR and RC. I think the edge this has over the books is that it's more fun and more helpful when you can follow the comments and learn from different users' opinions. And, let's not forget that it's all for free.

My practice tests, well, it goes something like this.

GMAT prep - 680/690 after about a week of studying
Veritas - 800 (shocked) two weeks before D-day
MGMAT 1 - 770
Knewton - 760
Kaplan - 750
??? - 740
GMAT 2 - 780 (a couple of repeats)
Affiliations: IIT Alumni Association, ISB Alumni Association
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 27

Re: 750 studying almost exclusively from Gmat club [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 04:13
Thanks for the details, Ofer!

Now I understand why you were depressed after scoring 750....

Couldn't agree more with your comment that the RC, SC, CR, PS, DS 600 and 700 level threads are a goldmine and the fact that a lot can be learnt by going through comments made by other users there.

+1 kudos from me...

Santanu

A KUDO A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY

Introducing Best Debrief Writer & Contributor of the Month!: introducing-best-debrief-writer-contributor-of-the-month-127355.html
My GMAT debrief: gmat-760-50-q-42-v-satisfied-124675.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: 750 studying almost exclusively from Gmat club   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2012, 04:13