Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [28]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 633 [3]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Other (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Re: 750- What to do and what not to do [#permalink]
@Ron - thanks for the praise. It's a good feeling when someone of your stature praises the debrief :)

Quote:
Hi Vivek
Congrats on the stellar GMAT score :-D . Just some quick queries -
1. How was the difficulty of the GMAT Verbal in comparison to GMAT Prep and MGMAT CATs?? I recently gave my first GMAT Prep and was flummoxed by the convoluted nature of the complete Verbal section. I have given some MGMATs and Verbal in that is relatively straightforward. The passages on the GMAT prep were very dense, some really twisted CR options and long SCs. I was not sure in almost half the questions that i answered(To my utter disbelief I got a V-45; all those flimsy reasons on which I had eliminated or selected answers turned out to be true, but i cant hope to repeat that lucky charm every time round) whereas in the MGMATs i am sure most often than not about the logic in selecting/eliminating answers. To cut the verbiage just need to know how did you find the Verbal section on the real GMAT in comparison to what you had been practicing. If you did any GMAT Preps what was ur score??
I have read someone suggesting in these forums that LSAT passages and CRs are tougher than the GMAT. Did u do those??I have my GMAT in a week. Will it be a good idea to do some passages and CRs from that source, just to be ready for a tough Verbal section on the G-Day??
2. How was the DS on the GMAT. I found that DS to be tricky on the GMAT prep, while the PS seems to be fine.
Best of luck for your aps

Dipankar6435 - GMATPrep and the actual GMAT were very close both for quant and verbal. I actually found MGMAT mocks (esp #2 and #3) to be more convoluted, especially the RCs. The SC on GMAT prep was more logic based where as on MGMAT mocks, SC, in my opinion, was more rule based. I have no idea about LSAT. I was advised against doing LSAT so I stayed away from it. You are doing quite well on GMATprep (V45 is excellent). I would recommend that you review the exam and get question pack 1. Good luck for your exam.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Hi Vivek,

Congrats on the score!

I have a couple of questions:

4. Read the various subject matters: RC indians are not us Indians and we have no idea regarding the issues they faced. This makes the RC passages much more challenging to grasp. So to make this easier, just read about the issues they faced. Basically these passages are written in English using the same constructs as the other passages and become much easier once you have an idea of the terms/vocabulary they use.

I know what you mean here -- I always get stuck in these kind of passages. Did you refer any particular material to tackle these passages?

Also -- Did you feel that grockit and egmat were useful in terms of practice questions? I'm a bit skeptical about using unofficial sources.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM